• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Right so after some time benching Ive found that my Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 is not a good overclocker. It tops at 1050mhz Memory and p6 1582mhz @ 1100mv , p7 1687mhz @ 1150mv. Raisng the memory even 10 or 20 mhz more results in slight artifacting,and at 1100mhz I get worse artifacting, all while Voltage floor is set to 1100mv.

The core tops out at 1650 to 1670 and any higher results in a driver crash.While playing a demanding game like Subnautica the card boosts to 1640-1650mhz for short periods but memory stays at 1050mhz.With freesync on and when the game finishes loading environmental assets I get any where between 88 and 137 fps on average with short dips to 50-60fps when a new asset is loaded in.Most of the time Im CPU bottlenecked though as evidenced by low gpu usage.

Doom 2016 runs like a dream at 200fps all day,it could do this at stock too. I havent tested any other demanding games just those 2.

Soldato
Well with I finally get through Superposition with the below

try_zpsl8r3q26d.png

but nothing else I've tried seems to work:

DOOM 2016 : crash
Shadow of the Tombraider Bench : crash
Resident Evil 2 : crash

Last edited:
Soldato
@HEADRAT again. Try lowering your P6 and P7 state to 1500mhz, leave voltage alone. If it crashes, I reckon your cards faulty due to not running being able to run stock boost speeds. You could also try running the card at stock settings, and if it still crashes all the time, then I think its rma time.

Caporegime
These are stock settings for the Liquid version.

AgGAQkM.png

If it crashes using these settings, then it could be a hardware/software issue which you would need to debug.

Hardware: GPU, PSU, Motherboard
Software: OS, Drivers/Third party software.

Soldato
My card is a Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 Liquid Cooled (GV-RXVEGA64X W-8GD-B), according to here

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-64-liquid-cooling.c2992

Boost Clock: 1667 MHz
Base Clock: 1406 MHz

This are the currently setting picked up GPU-ID and OnedriveNTool (the P7 clock seems to be 1750 rather than 1667 Boost clock shown above?)

stock_zpsafgtu8eb.png

this is with WattMan set to balanced and (nothing tweaked)

I've done a clean build of Win10 (1809) and then basically loaded 19.1.2 Adrenalin drivers and a few games, at the moment the only thing I can seem to get to run is the Superposition Benchmark

All of the my steam games:

DOOM 2016 : crash
Shadow of the Tombraider Bench : crash
Resident Evil 2 : crash

In terms of

Hardware: GPU, PSU, Motherboard : Everything is running stock (no overclocks) and Prime95 is running stable

Software: OS, Drivers/Third party software : As above, new install

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
I have a weird issue with the latest drivers on my air-cooled Vega64; my monitor loses signal from the card when I exit a full-screen application. (Turning the monitor off and then on again fixes the problem, but it is annoying) Does anyone else experience this, and is there a fix?

Associate
I have a weird issue with the latest drivers on my air-cooled Vega64; my monitor loses signal from the card when I exit a full-screen application. (Turning the monitor off and then on again fixes the problem, but it is annoying) Does anyone else experience this, and is there a fix?
Same here. Is your monitor freesync? Turn off freesync and its fine

Associate
@HEADRAT Looks like it could be a dud. Not all came out equal unfortunately. It's using the same BIOS I have and running settings way below mine and still crashing.

However you still have all P States active. Can you try to disable P0 through to P6 on core and P0 through P2 on HBM2 and see if it runs with it locked to max power states. Test with Stock settings.

Associate
So first I thaught this might be a new driver bug , my monitor would flicker than a floating box appears saying that monitors resolution is not optimal.This would happen whenever I started superposition but not actual games.When I turned off freesync it stopped.I tried again with freesync on and it doesnt happen anymore.
What driver version are you on? Im on 19.1.1 stable adrenalin.

Soldato
@HEADRAT Looks like it could be a dud. Not all came out equal unfortunately. It's using the same BIOS I have and running settings way below mine and still crashing.

However you still have all P States active. Can you try to disable P0 through to P6 on core and P0 through P2 on HBM2 and see if it runs with it locked to max power states. Test with Stock settings.
Psu? Seperate cables?

Associate
So first I thaught this might be a new driver bug , my monitor would flicker than a floating box appears saying that monitors resolution is not optimal.This would happen whenever I started superposition but not actual games.When I turned off freesync it stopped.I tried again with freesync on and it doesnt happen anymore.
What driver version are you on? Im on 19.1.1 stable adrenalin.
I am on 19.1.2. I have tried 18.12.3, 19.1.1, 19.2.1 and all of them gave me the same problem. I will play around with the monitor settings and see what happens I guess.

Back
Top Bottom