Recommend me PS3 exclusives!

Associate
So I'm finally getting round to exploring one console I own, but have sod all games for: the PS3.

I originally bought the console for The Last Of Us, and I loved it. But I'm wondering what other gems I have missed out on with this console as I never really dived into it's library.

So, what would you recommend? I'm not into the old school God of Gar games, and I already have the uncharted trilogy for PS4, but anything else is fair game. Extra points for turn based games.

:D

Associate
Recently dug my ps3 out after being away from consoles for ages. Picked up Ni No Kuni for £10 the other day but yet to try out. Not cheap for a 2nd hand PS3 game but appears to be the going rate for it. Compared to 50p for Fifa 11 in comparison in CEX!
Demon's Souls is another on my list to get.

Associate
OP
Heavenly Sword

Never even heard of that but the gameplay sounds quite interesting... is one of those boring rhythm brawlers like the Batman Arkham games, or is it more technical for pulling off combos?

Recently dug my ps3 out after being away from consoles for ages. Picked up Ni No Kuni for £10 the other day but yet to try out. Not cheap for a 2nd hand PS3 game but appears to be the going rate for it. Compared to 50p for Fifa 11 in comparison in CEX!
Demon's Souls is another on my list to get.

Ni No Kuni is on the list! Not sure about Demons' Souls. I didn't get along with Dark Souls, found combat a bit on the clunky side. I might revisit it though as I didn't give it much time, and if I get into it I may pick Demon's Souls up, as quite a few people have said I should give it a shot.

Associate
OP
Not and exclusive but a must play Metal Gear solid 4

Thought it was an exclusive? I actually played this on release as my housemate at the time bought a ps3 just for that game. Might pick it back, but kinda got bored with the Metal Gear Series. Revengence was the last one I enjoyed, but it's a completely different kettle of fish!

Soldato
Never even heard of that but the gameplay sounds quite interesting... is one of those boring rhythm brawlers like the Batman Arkham games, or is it more technical for pulling off combos?

Its abit more technical, more like the PS3 versions of God of War and Bayonetta. Both should be on your list if you like those type of games.

Man of Honour
They're all really expensive! Especially Drakengard 3! (and the prequels...)

I remember buying all three Drakengard games and paying less than a total £30 for all of them back in 2016. That was when I was collecting PS2 and PS3 exclusives.

I did make a few quid when I sold off my collection but didn't think they'd gone up that much.

I've just check eBay sold listings and you pick them up for less or about what I paid.

Soldato
Ni No Kuni. Great JRPG with an art style that imagine holds up really well.

Demon souls if you are a fan of the Souls series and want to see where that trajectory sort of began.

God of War 3 was a masterpiece of scale at its time

Resistance 3 deserved more love. I have a Promo copy at home and would be happy to send you it free of charge, pretty sure I kept it as you can't trade them in etc. Will have to confirm.

Super rub a duck? (Something like that) because it's a very early terrible example of a downloadable game and was my first :D

Soldato
Thought it was an exclusive? I actually played this on release as my housemate at the time bought a ps3 just for that game. Might pick it back, but kinda got bored with the Metal Gear Series. Revengence was the last one I enjoyed, but it's a completely different kettle of fish!

It is exclusive and a rarity as it's the only place you can play this one. No remasters or rerelease yet. It's currently included as the last set of PS3 games on PS Plus if you have a subscription

Associate
OP
I remember buying all three Drakengard games and paying less than a total £30 for all of them back in 2016. That was when I was collecting PS2 and PS3 exclusives.

I did make a few quid when I sold off my collection but didn't think they'd gone up that much.

I've just check eBay sold listings and you pick them up for less or about what I paid.

I didn't check ebay, I was at Cex where Drakengard 3 alone is £50!

Ni No Kuni. Great JRPG with an art style that imagine holds up really well.

Demon souls if you are a fan of the Souls series and want to see where that trajectory sort of began.

God of War 3 was a masterpiece of scale at its time

Resistance 3 deserved more love. I have a Promo copy at home and would be happy to send you it free of charge, pretty sure I kept it as you can't trade them in etc. Will have to confirm.

Super rub a duck? (Something like that) because it's a very early terrible example of a downloadable game and was my first :D

May revisit the god of war games actually, despite my initial "meh" with them. I'll take you up on that offer of resistance 3, happy to send it back once I'm done with it if you want?

Back
Top Bottom