• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Permabanned
Vega 64 replacement will be a Navi that is Vega 64 + 50-60-70%.

Once Navi gets a few refreshes we may see some decent improvements but seeing as you like to look at the historical facts look at how Polaris has improved from the 480 to 590 and expect that along side the last historical facts I provided for you. Vega VII won't be outpaced by Navi, That'll come when we get Arturus or whatever they call it.

It's a Polaris replacement yes, but that doesn't mean it'll perform the same. I'd fully expect Navi launched this year to be at least Vega 56 speed, and realistically Vega 64 performance at a price close to RX 590 to be a decent generational jump.

If all we get from Navi is Vega 56 performance and Vega 56 price at a slightly lower power consumption it'll be a massive letdown.

It's either going to have to be a solid performance uplift, or a very good price point. Or preferably, both!

I never said Navi was going to offer the same performance as Polaris I said to expect a similar jump in performance as we saw from Polaris when moving from 28nm to 14nm. We know Navi is still a GCN architecture and we can make an educated guess at what that'll mean for Navi compared to Vega. As I said 7nm Navi may offer 14nm Vega speeds maybe even V64 speeds if we're lucky but it won't match the VII from the top spot & it definitely won't come offering V64 + 20, 40, 60 percent as quoted above, not a chance in hell.

Soldato
You do realise this used to be the norm right?

Thing about things that used to be is, they used to be.

I honestly can't see AMD releasing a Navi card with Vega 56 performance at £300 in Q4'19... it'd be the most pointless release as you can have that performance right now.

A lot of people said the same about Polaris. But it turned out to be that for a business having higher margins on products was more important than "advancing the industry" or whatever BS gets spun. All that matters is price & performance in the current market, not what coulda/shoulda been, and in the current market V56 for £300 & V64 for £400 are exceedingly good deals - except for AMD, 'cause their margins on them are very low.

Associate
44 cards? Will be sold out by the time I click add to cart and price will probably go up, looks like a rushed launch. Very d
UK has less than 100 cards for launch.
So far we have 44 cards, more are due any day, so we essentially have just over half UK launch allocation.

Next wave shipments are not yet confirmed.

They go live 2pm Thursday!

44 cards? Will be sold out by the time I click add to cart and price will probably go up, looks like a rushed launch. Very disappointing from AMD.

Associate
Bit of a poor launch with such few cards available, seems loads of hype but no hardware. still not a bad thing to wait for reviews before parting with the cash, easy to jump onto the hype wagon, Vega 64 was the same and many sold to go green.

Man of Honour
44 cards? imagine the ocuk markup on that little lol. :eek: £800 min.

Yep a massive 44 with apparently 100 in the UK... not nearly enough as I pointed out earlier!! What can you do though? There are only as many available as are available.

Even more annoying for me is that I'm on the road most of Thursday so won't get to buy one that easily. I ended up having to have a chat and deploy my normal disti to find me an extra one just in case I can't. So I might even end up with a few more than I need.

Associate
Yep a massive 44 with apparently 100 in the UK... not nearly enough as I pointed out earlier!! What can you do though? There are only as many available as are available.

AMD are selling direct as well at msrp i believe, not sure if that applies to Europe though?

Soldato

Even more annoying for me is that I'm on the road most of Thursday so won't get to buy one that easily. I ended up having to have a chat and deploy my normal disti to find me an extra one just in case I can't. So I might even end up with a few more than I need.
how can it be 100 if OCUK have more than half @44 :confused:

Back
Top Bottom