• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Well 19.1.1 fixed the erroneous messages from the external events utility on every boot telling me my hardware has changed (it hasn't), and 19.2.1. has brought it back.

Caporegime
Weird, i just remembered about Wolfie Col., and DOOM, just crashing when trying to change them to my now native 3440x1440, so with Resi 7, running fullscreen, no Black bars at 4k, i thought id give em a go at 4k as well, and lo and behold, fired up DOOM, and can get it 4k no problem, fullscreen, no Black bars (didn't bother trying native, just incase), just got to remember where the config file was for Wolfie now, as after id fiddled with that before, it stopped starting up, so need to find where it is and delete it, so i can remake a new one :p

Im still on the 18.10.1s btw.

EDIT: They may now work @ native, as they were crashing, on older drivers (think i was on a v17 set, at the time).

Last edited:
Caporegime
And the reason I keep telling you to update. lol get the latest fixes from latest drivers. Even if they not for the games you play the driver still has fixes.

Its not hard to update over current drivers.

Nope its not, but i only update when i need to, im not like all these who update to the latest, then say this is broken, thats broken etc...., so ive rolled back to my previous drivers, THAT WERE WORKING PERFECTLY FINE WITHOUT ISSUE! :D

I only updated to these, as i was playing SOTTR, and thought they would fix the weird halo prob i was getting, seen as they were for it, but they didn't lol, so i needn't have bothered :p

EDIT:

Sorted Wolfie, i just started it in Safe Mode, and redone the settings :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not loyal to red or green have just come over to the red side 12/12/018 to a Vega56, since being on green since 2010.

One thing l do is a clean install and then install latest gpu drivers rather than a xpress install via custom install option.

I think is a better option as it leaves far less of the old gpu software if any at all to give you problems.

Been doing it for a few years now.

Soldato
Need help!

I cannot get Adrenalin drivers to automatically control fan speed for my Nitro Fury card. It's remains at whatever fan speed it boots into win10 with and doesn't ramp up with temps when I enter any full screen 3d game.
I've been using manual and just put it to 2900 rpm but the noise it getting on my nerves!

After watching the Radeon 7 reviews some are experience similar problem. So, it's not just me. I've already reported this problem before. How do I get help or attention to the driver team to get this addressed?

Last edited:
Soldato
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.1 Highlights
Support For

• AMD Radeon VII
Known Issues
  • Radeon WattMan may experience issues with changed values failing to save or load and Tuning Control features failing to apply.
  • Radeon Overlay values for Radeon WattMan may fail to apply after Radeon Overlay is closed.
  • Radeon Settings may experience an application hang when loading the performance histogram in a game profile through game manager.
  • FRTC may fail to cap frame rates when enabled for games or may fail to disable once enabled for a game.
  • AMD Radeon VII may intermittently experience a system hang when attempting to perform a timeout detection and recovery on Windows®7 system configurations.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience intermittent system stability issues on some X399 motherboards.
  • Apex Legends™ may intermittently experience line corruption on AMD Radeon VII.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-1-radeonvii

Soldato
Wattman or whatever they call it has never once worked to control fan speed for my card. It never worked at all.
And it's a problem i've seen posted from the Fury to the 480 all the way up to the now Radeon 7's and it's still broken! This is ridicules.
The only fix is to simply use MSI AB. I just don't understand why MSI AB works fine yet AMD's own drivers don't.
I just don't understand it. This isn't something that just started to happen. I've been having this problem for about a year now.

Caporegime
My issue isn't even the fan curve.
I had a look at the clocks and temperatures in SWTOR (Downsampled, so I'm maxing out my card) and with my supposed 975mv the temperatures weren't actually any better than 1200mv, yet I know in the past it was working fine.

Soldato
Im getting huge issues playing The Division 2 Beta with the latest 19.2.1 driver. Core and Memory drop to around 500mhz for a half a second to a second which results in a complete tank in fps (about 18fps from 80fps) Anyone else experiencing that on Vega 64?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom