Refurbished AIO

Man of Honour
Personally I wouldn't buy a refurbed AIO, PSU or Hard Drive. If you do decide to go ahead I would clarify the warranty situation first. It says 5 years in the description but that's probably been cut and pasted from the normal retail version. If it is anything like Corsair's refurbished psu's the warranty can be as little as 90 days.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

The warranty is one year for that unit. I will get the description updated.

They are decent units with a low failure rate. The price is also crazy on that unit.

Soldato
I bought a refurbished H50 I think it was many moons back to cool a 290X, the older 120mm one

Worked fine I didn't have any issues, I sold it on here to someone I wonder if its still going strong for them

Soldato
I don't see buying a refurb that much different than buying one 2nd hand, and I have bought all of my AIOs from MM.
so far I haven't had a failure.
How reliable are these generally considered to be ?
like at what point do you consider it needs replacing ?

Soldato
I don't know about can't go wront for the price. You can get an air cooler like Scythe Themralright TRUE Spirit 140 Power, Mugen 5 or Mugen, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Prolimatech Megahelms, Raijintek Tisis, etc for similar money that will cool as well, quieter and never wear out other than fan after many years. I have to wonder about H115 CLC. It takes a significant number of RMAs to warrant the cost of 'refurbishing' to sell to recoup losses .. and with these refurbs are being sold everywhere it would seem they have had a significant number of problems or have found they don't last long enough to warrant the normal 5 year warranty so are selling new units as refurbs to limit warranty to 1 years instead of 5 years. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom