Sound BlasterX G6 - Sennheiser Game one and Xbox

Associate
I currently have my Sennys running through the controller on the senheisser Y-Splitter so I can use XBOX chat. I see the G6 has a seperate microphone socket but read that the G6 doesn't support xbox party chat. Is this so or had it been fixed in a firmware update?

If the G6 can't use the game one Mic on xbox chat could somebody recommend an alternate solution or DAC where it is compatible with the XBOX X? Like anything I have heard mixed reviews about the Astro so tentative to give it a try.

Cheers

B

Soldato
There shouldn't be any obstacle for keeping microphone connected to controller.
Unless Xbox is too dumb to allow choosing between multiple sound input devices.

Associate
Had so many issues when trying to use the Xbox pad for chat and a DAC/Amp for game sound. Poor/or non existent chat quality, ground loop issues and not to mention the horrific cabling which just put me off completely. PS4 so much easier for this. Personally I just elected to use an efficient set of headphones/headset via the controller when chat was needed and then picked up a cheap Optical DAC/Amp for single player only use.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your replies. WhiteHartMart has confirmed some of my reservations about taking the plunge. I was curious to see if anybody had my combination of hardware and got it to work. I have a PC as well so wanted to experience better sound on my X when not running it over my 5.1 speakers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom