• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
Only 2% of the global stock for us. I guess well over 50% must be going to the USA then? How much did other european countries get?
My (baseless) guess would be that 1/3 would go to the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific regions each, after subtracting the reviewers' units and what AMD wants to sell directly.

If we assume 5000 units produced globally for launch, then ~1500 for EMEA sounds not far-fetched. UK has ~10% of EMEA GDP, so ~150 units would be what I expect then.

Soldato
There are a lot of people that talk like they know exactly how many units AMD are making based on a couple of factless websites publishing something. Don't assume how many are available, just get one while you can if you want one.

OcUK Staff
There are a lot of people that talk like they know exactly how many units AMD are making based on a couple of factless websites publishing something. Don't assume how many are available, just get one while you can if you want one.

I shared our stock and as AMD's biggest VEGA customer in UK, we get majority, the numbers are far from factless.
However it is first wave of stock!
Once Chinese New Year is over more stock shall ship for sure. :)

Soldato
I shared our stock and as AMD's biggest VEGA customer in UK, we get majority, the numbers are far from factless.
However it is first wave of stock!
Once Chinese New Year is over more stock shall ship for sure. :)

I was talking more about over the last couple of weeks, people stating there are only 5000, 7000, 10,000 cards and that's it. I think there will be a decent supply continuing if there is decent demand.

OcUK Staff
AMD are just keeping stock levels initially low to push up prices and induce panic buying, a familiar tactic to take advantage of early adopters.

Doubtful, the launch is timed badly due to CNY and CNY happens no matter what, so factories are shut down and as Sapphire make the majority of the cards, if they are not manufacturing they are not manufacturing, end of.
AMD would loving more than to drop 1000 units into each country hero and have an insane launch, sell 10k plus worldwide on day one, would do wonders for their share price and market share.

I was talking more about over the last couple of weeks, people stating there are only 5000, 7000, 10,000 cards and that's it. I think there will be a decent supply continuing if there is decent demand.

I've heard no such numbers mentioned by AMD, so maybe it is indeed made up but at the same time I've not asked AMD if they have a max production roll out.

Vega 56 and 64 was dead, but when I requested one last production run of 10,000 cards, they made it happen for us with Sapphire, hence the 56/64 deals we currently have, you will see no one can match our Sapphire deals. :)

Soldato
I've heard no such numbers mentioned by AMD, so maybe it is indeed made up but at the same time I've not asked AMD if they have a max production roll out.

Vega 56 and 64 was dead, but when I requested one last production run of 10,000 cards, they made it happen for us with Sapphire, hence the 56/64 deals we currently have, you will see no one can match our Sapphire deals. :)

That's the point, there were no numbers mentioned by AMD but some websites quoted production numbers that then got banded around as fact. I am considering getting one but I have a 1080Ti already so it's almost certainly pointless.

OcUK Staff
That's the point, there were no numbers mentioned by AMD but some websites quoted production numbers that then got banded around as fact. I am considering getting one but I have a 1080Ti already so it's almost certainly pointless.

Just be a sidestep, Vega 7 and 1080Ti trade blows, Vega 7 advantage is compute and mining, likely both are which your not doing.

Permabanned
Just be a sidestep, Vega 7 and 1080Ti trade blows, Vega 7 advantage is compute and mining, likely both are which your not doing.

Seeing as the stock numbers are so low for tomorrow is there any chance you plan on limiting bulk buys? You know they'll all sell regardless of how you do it and by limiting how many can be bought in one go it gives everyone a chance to get one.
I missed out on the Vega launch even though I was sat here waiting for the chance to order and I was on the phone to OCUK as soon as sales went live and I still didn't get one. I'd like to avoid a repeat of that if possible.

Back
Top Bottom