• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

OcUK Staff
Seeing as the stock numbers are so low for tomorrow is there any chance you plan on limiting bulk buys? You know they'll all sell regardless of how you do it and by limiting how many can be bought in one go it gives everyone a chance to get one.
I missed out on the Vega launch even though I was sat here waiting for the chance to order and I was on the phone to OCUK as soon as sales went live and I still didn't get one. I'd like to avoid a repeat of that.

1pc per customer!

Permabanned
1pc per customer!

That's great, I'll definitely wait now,

Yesterday I remembered that the day before RX Vega launched we could get the Gigabyte 1080ti for somewhere between £500 & £600 but on the day of the Vega launch the price of that 1080ti (Gigabyte tri cooler version) went back up to somewhere between the £600 & £700 mark and I was sat here now wondering if I should grab a 2080 in case the same thing happens again, which is kinda ironic when you think about how the 2080 only offers 1080ti or a little higher performance at around the £700 mark. :D

Permabanned
Does anyone know what time the Radeon VII reviews go live?

I won't be trying to get one on launch day as I will be waiting for the non reference cards with better cooling in a few months time.

Having said that is there any way you can give regular forum members the chance to grab one before they go live to the general public.

That'd be nice (As long as I qualify:D).

OcUK Staff
I won't be trying to get one on launch day as I will be waiting for the non reference cards with better cooling in a few months time.

Having said that is there any way you can give regular forum members the chance to grab one before they go live to the general public.

Trying to implement something to this case, spoke with IT last night, they are seeing whats possible, no promises I am afraid though as IT type stuff is a very slow progress.

Man of Honour

I think this is well said and would love to just pay now regardless of reviews... Yes i'm a maverick, and what? It's a little sad that ill likely be on the road tomorrow when they go live as well so it's looking really bad for me in terms of ensuring that I manage to get one snapped up.

Soldato

That sounds like a good idea but how would they implement it based on your years as a member or your post count because anybody can become a forum member. I cant remember how members got free delivery it was so long ago now.

OcUK Staff
That sounds like a good idea but how would they implement it based on your years as a member or your post count because anybody can become a forum member. I cant remember how members got free delivery it was so long ago now.

My plan is to inflate online webshop price to put customer off, then a voucher code posted forum only that gives like £100 off, but we are seeing if we can implement in time as voucher codes take a long time to do and our IT Director is on holiday.

Soldato
I think this is well said and would love to just pay now regardless of reviews... Yes i'm a maverick, and what? It's a little sad that ill likely be on the road tomorrow when they go live as well so it's looking really bad for me in terms of ensuring that I manage to get one snapped up.
Vince definitely deserves one for sure when my vega broke he took me round London in his fancy car to grab a replacement Plus he is man of honor surely that means something too:D

Saying that I am also buying one on launch day I'm a vega maniac and this will be my last purchase before my new baby comes in 1 month

Soldato
Doubtful, the launch is timed badly due to CNY and CNY happens no matter what, so factories are shut down and as Sapphire make the majority of the cards, if they are not manufacturing they are not manufacturing, end of.
AMD would loving more than to drop 1000 units into each country hero and have an insane launch, sell 10k plus worldwide on day one, would do wonders for their share price and market share.

AMD could have launched any time they wanted, they've had time to plan a release and CNY doesn't move it's the same time every year. If AMD wanted plenty of stock for sale at launch they'd have plenty of stock for sale at launch. They know exactly what the're doing - gouging early adopters and mugs fall for it every time NV/AMD do it, hand in glove with retailers.

They know the sheep will get panicked into buying at inflated prices on day 1, it's a standard retail tactic, some of us can see it, there's plenty who can't though.

Back
Top Bottom