• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
I've run the 4k numbers through my magic, glowing abacus and VII is ahead on average 5.9%. VII wins big in some games, others 2080 wins.

I have no idea how Game Debate tests though. They may be testing how fast they can bowl the cards on a cricket pitch in Kph for all the methodology and test bed info they provide.

Associate
Sounds credible, if it had the ability to pull shader performance from another dimension :p

I'm definitely doing the F5 dance if that's the case, but my gut tells me it will more likely trade tit-for-tat blows with 2080 (and 1080 ti). Even so, it's still a reasonable option for someone looking for that level of performance (unless the retail price is sky high)

Associate
I'm definitely doing the F5 dance if that's the case, but my gut tells me it will more likely trade tit-for-tat blows with 2080 (and 1080 ti). Even so, it's still a reasonable option for someone looking for that level of performance (unless the retail price is sky high)
Same here, unless it's more than double the price of Vega 64. That doesn't make any sense for only 25-30% more perf. I would rather buy two vega 64, but crossfire is so useless these days...

OcUK Staff
OK cannot do voucher codes! :(

We shall just price competively and well you need to be quick guys, I shall aim to put live at 14:00, so you get a ten minutes heads up.

Also to speed process use only debit/credit card, using Amazon or Paypal takes longer to come through on our system and if there is a mad rush, you will miss out.

Last edited:
Soldato

We shall just price competively and well you need to be quick guys, I shall aim to put live at 13:50, so you get a ten minutes heads up.

Also to speed process use only debit/credit card, using Amazon or Paypal takes longer to come through on our system and if there is a mad rush, you will miss out.

When there is a mad rush :D

Underboss

We shall just price competively and well you need to be quick guys, I shall aim to put live at 13:50, so you get a ten minutes heads up.

Sssshhh dont tell Garath :D

(or the whole world for that matter) ;)

OcUK Staff
Same here, unless it's more than double the price of Vega 64. That doesn't make any sense for only 25-30% more perf. I would rather buy two vega 64, but crossfire is so useless these days...

Not that argument please......

Vega 7, very limited, 16G, hero product, way more expensive than its percentage in performance, £650 - £750
Vega 64, not limited, 8G and no longer hero product with a lot of very aggressive deals in place.

You want a Vega 7 for £600, then wait a month or so, you want one tomorrow, you pays the price.

Perfect example and a car analogy Lamborghini Huracan, £185,000, the Performante £260,000, so over 40% more expensive, but only around 10% faster, it cost so much more because its the best, its exclusive and limited numbers.
Car anology's some may dislike but it really is a similar concept.

Another example Palit 2080Ti, under £1000, the Asus is £1500, people still buy the Asus, why because they either really want Asus or it sells so high because the stock is hardly existent.

Want them cheap, wait until stock is plentiful, want it on day one, pay the price, its not new, its not a surprise. :)

Associate

I've got no chance as I will be at work.
AMD have got a product that people want but not enough numbers to supply them.
A bit of a **** launch to be truthful.
Oh well, most probably just stick with what I've got for longer.

Soldato
I'm going to imagine it's another 2080 performance product for 2080 price. That's the AMD way these days.

I'm sure you're correct, but I don't understand why you think they should undercut. They're a commercial enterprise and they want to obtain the best possible price for their product.

(This is the fault of nVidia in pushing up the market prices in the same way Apple has dragged up the price of every other flagship phone).

OcUK Staff
I've got no chance as I will be at work.
AMD have got a product that people want but not enough numbers to supply them.
A bit of **** launch to be truthful.
Oh well, most probably just stick with what I've got for longer.

Does your work have a toilette?
How about at 13:50 you need to take a poo, take your phone, order on our mobile site, or click switch to desktop if mobile has not uploaded.

If your not allowed a mobile phone at work or can't take ten minute toilette or cigarette break then I guess hard luck, maybe they won't sell so quick.........

Back
Top Bottom