• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Permabanned
Sometimes sections can delay in uploading, but the products are instant, if that happens use this link:

In theory the Vega 7 should appear towards the top of that link around 14:00, even if the section does not go live. :)
No way of speeding up paypal, it is there end not ours.

Thanks a lot, I'll make sure to be there early, The early bird & all that. :)

Permabanned
:rolleyes:
BTW, I also woke up today not feeling well :D

But...

I can't go into details about performance but I will say you will be surprised, just as I was. The new Radeon VII isn't perfect, but it's a damn good card that I'm excited to dive into with my full review on February 7.
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/...nboxed-worlds-first-7nm-gaming-gpu/index.html

Not long now. :)

I've run the 4k numbers through my magic, glowing abacus and VII is ahead on average 5.9%. VII wins big in some games, others 2080 wins.

I have no idea how Game Debate tests though. They may be testing how fast they can bowl the cards on a cricket pitch in Kph for all the methodology and test bed info they provide.

I'm guessing they've got an abacus too.

Associate
tumblr_lz9j7g1FaL1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Me tomorrow at 9:00 am .... watching the clock.

Permabanned
Sounds credible, if it had the ability to pull shader performance from another dimension :p

Ooh, I saw someone working on that recently..

...on Stargate Atlantis. :rolleyes:

I know but Sapphire have better after sales care should it be needed.

It'll be interesting to see what the warranty lengths are.

I know but Sapphire have better after sales care should it be needed.

It'll be interesting to see what the warranty lengths are.
tumblr_lz9j7g1FaL1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Me tomorrow at 9:00 am .... watching the clock.

Me too, I'm even going to be early tonight. :D

Associate
It's amazing that companies can't get a launch right numbers wise. Just pure incompetence. And then you get the "We're going to gouge to put people off buying it" line! Please. :rolleyes: Selling PC components must be the most shady, Del Boy type business there is.
Agreed and if this was any other industry if you made a **** up this big you'd be sacked on the spot for losing the company so much money yet in the pc market it's fine:D

Caporegime
It's amazing that companies can't get a launch right numbers wise. Just pure incompetence. And then you get the "We're going to gouge to put people off buying it" line! Please. :rolleyes: Selling PC components must be the most shady, Del Boy type business there is.

It is, yet again here we have a gpu launch and yet again low stock. This is the same for just about every big release and to be honest it's starting to stink. And if there is good stock we get the line about the "pound being weak" so again prices get bumped. You literally cannot win when it comes to these type of launches, the retailers have you bent over a barrel every time.

Associate
Looks tempting but the lack of waterblocks and low supply meaning I can't quickly get a card if waterblocks are suddenly announced puts me off.

I've already got a 2080ti block sitting around doing nothing because of the price and availability of that card.

Associate
It is, yet again here we have a gpu launch and yet again low stock. This is the same for just about every big release and to be honest it's starting to stink. And if there is good stock we get the line about the "pound being weak" so again prices get bumped. You literally cannot win when it comes to these type of launches, the retailers have you bent over a barrel every time.

To be fair with AMD even if they waited a few weeks they wouldn't have been able to produce any more cards due to CNY.

I kind of think it is planned to not release too many cards to try and build the hype nowadays. Especially with performance reviews not being able to be released until the same time.
It makes you want to buy it incase of FOMO. So it is a marketing tactic that they all use now.

Man of Honour
Associate
Looks tempting but the lack of waterblocks and low supply meaning I can't quickly get a card if waterblocks are suddenly announced puts me off.

I've already got a 2080ti block sitting around doing nothing because of the price and availability of that card.

Same here. I'm not sure whether to gamble and get a card asap with the potential that it's sat boxed for a month or two until a block is available. Prices could go up or down after launch and we don't have an ETA for a block. :(

On the other hand I might not be able to get a card when the block becomes available.

Man of Honour
Associate
Same here. I'm not sure whether to gamble and get a card asap with the potential that it's sat boxed for a month or two until a block is available. Prices could go up or down after launch and we don't have an ETA for a block. :(

On the other hand I might not be able to get a card when the block becomes available.

I am in the same boat really, I would like one but Gibbo says PayPal no good and too slow and I have plenty in there to cover it, but also would like to see proper reviews before jumping in and if like Vega 64
it might not be to long before prices drop especially if the reviews puts it close to a 2080 or good 1080ti and nothing outstanding, yes its good at Vulcan and DX11 but DX12 hmmmmm I am leaning towards reviews first even if I miss the launch card scramble to check out. I like the idea of one to play with but also don't want to pay premium for launch card only to find out from reviews its nothing that special.

decisions decisions :rolleyes:

Soldato
Tomorrow 2PM and we ship to USA and with pound still being weak it might be cheaper to buy from us. :)

Thanks boss Boss :) And yeah... Birthday on the 9th... so trying to keep my card away from things like this.. but you never know.... I do need a better card.. and have been reading review after review of 580's / 2060's/ 1080's/ vega 56/64/64lc etc. lol. Been driving my wife nuts.

Back
Top Bottom