Asus Strix 2080 ti reference card. Overclocking question

Associate
Hi all,

I just received my so long awaited Strix. It's the non OC model basic one.

It has Samsung Memory as shown below with my current manual OC settings.

Ran many times Time Spy & Fire Strike benchmarks with no issues.

My temps never go over 55-58 degrees in the benchmarks at 60% fan speed.

That is the max core OC I can give since the benchmarks freeze over +215

Probably due to the cheap 112% Power Limit it has. Upping the voltage also didn't really amount to any noticeable differences either.

Now, I did upped the memory to +1000 and it ran fine, but how do I know it is still safe with +1000 ?

Would the VRAM chips heat a lot more but would not show in my general temps or if my general temps are still at 60 degrees it means that nothing is hotter then that on the whole card ?

Would this OC shorten by lot the lifespan of the card ?

Is this OC any good compared to others ?

I need good guidance for that if someone has the experience. What's you'r impressions ?

Soldato
Whats your average boost clock during the benchmark?
The "+215" is relative to the out of the box stock clocks, so it's not very useful for others to determine if it's good since many cards come with different settings out of the box

I've got the Strix too, but it's the OC model with the 300A chip

Your overclock looks pretty good, especially for this low temps!

I get about another 1,100 graphics points in timespy over yours (7% extra), but my card allows +25% to the power - as such it runs hotter, mine goes up to 70c with 70% fan speed. However it is Summer over here with ambient temps in my room hovering around 30c - my room temp will drop down to 17/18 in Winter so I'm hopefully I'll see better temps then

This is my first time overclocking a graphics card but I've overclocked many CPU's before - in my experience yes an overclock does shorten the life, but for me personally I don't keep my parts long enough for them to die, the Strix has a 3 year warranty and I'll get a new card before that anyway

Back
Top Bottom