Water Cooling Failure???

Associate
Hi,

I purchased a complete custom PC (£1500), pre-built, from OC about 3 or 4 years ago, but I've had my first fault, that appears to be the water cooling system, and wondered if anyone could help!

My PC's CPU / water cooling fans ramp up very high and stay that way, about 2 minutes after first switching on the PC, and the performance is thus very poor, due to the CPU temperature reaching 90-100'C.

The cores are not being driven hard (see pic below), as the PC is just idling, and all fans are working, so there is either a blockage, or the component on the CPU itself (pump?) has failed.

I had this problem about a month or so ago, and it fixed itself after about a week, after a unplugged and reinserted the CPU fan connector, cooler connector, and gave the rubber pipes and good waggle, but I think that was just coincidence, maybe?
There is voltage (+12V, and voltage on the speed sensor / throttle) too.

I have no idea what the cooler is, as there is no branding, and the purchase invoice is missing this component.

The MB is: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

The CPU is:
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150
Processor - OEM

Has anyone else had this or have an idea on how to fix it?
If nothing can be done, I'll need a new part or worse a whole new cooling system, but I have no idea what it is or what I need to ensure compatibility.

Photo of cooler is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6p3dvpu61f5co8/20190206_181206_resized.jpg?dl=0

Screen grab of stats here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1j8gglfnbx2b3s/Screenshot_20190206-181305_Arx Control.jpg?dl=0

Many thanks!

Phil

Soldato
Likely failed pump (try if you can feel any vibration by touching block) or possibly enough of water has permeated through tubing over time to stop circulation.
(blockage would need quite a lot of some oxidation/galvanic corrosion etc gunk)
Either way you'll need new cooler.

Ads/hype never tells how many more wearing or maintenance needing things waterpipe coolers have over heatpipe coolers.

Associate
OP
Thanks EsaT,
I'm guessing a new cooler too, but will have to contact OC to find out the specs I need to fit my system.
There's no vibration at all, and I've gently tapped the cooler, in case it was stuck, but no luck.

Associate
OP
Thanks Tango,

I managed to find the part, after trawling through all the various OC parts on the website, I visually recognized the same water-cooler and purchased it!
I feared the part would be obsolete, but all's well that ends well!!!

Thanks for your help everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom