Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Good day out to Caffeine and Machine.

Cleaned it when I got home but unbelievable amount of salt on the roads today.

33085668968_0aee2490ae_b.jpg

Man of Honour
Though it was more angular it reminds me of why I loved the Rover 220 (Tomcat) as a kid - those businessful lines and everything in just the right place visually.

Man of Honour
Yikes BMW must be doing something wrong if their car is reminding people of old Rovers :eek:

Hah on a serious note though BMW actually had ownership of the company around the era of the 220 and I think still has a stake and some Rover models did/do use BMW engines or interior parts, etc.

EDIT: Though the 200 series seems to have been mostly based on the Honda Ballade! (the old one).

Caporegime
Hah on a serious note though BMW actually had ownership of the company around the era of the 220 and I think still has a stake and some Rover models did/do use BMW engines or interior parts, etc.

EDIT: Though the 200 series seems to have been mostly based on the Honda Ballade! (the old one).
Nothing to do with BMW. Honda developed the concerto with Rover’s 200 car funnily enough the chases code was R8. The coupe used some parts but shell was Rover specific.

The rear suspension design was shared with the integra type R

Man of Honour
Nothing to do with BMW. Honda developed the concerto with Rover’s 200 car funnily enough the chases code was R8. The coupe used some parts but shell was Rover specific.

The rear suspension design was shared with the integra type R

Can't find anything on google quite the same but someone up the road from where I used to live in the 90s had a 220 coupe with a bodykit that would have shown my reminiscence better - I see the same kind of lines and togetherness of the look in that BMW though obviously most cars in that saloon/coupe category will have some degree of similarity.

Soldato
IS6VUaG2.jpg

one of ours out and about :)

tis a Seat Toledo something 1.4tdi with dsg which is suprisingily quite perky for what it is, does what it says on the tin. whilst doing lots of MPGs at the same time.
we've got a good few of these now and they dont break they cost nothing to maintain as the consumables are pennies and their pretty decent on fuel. ideal for the local work especially with dsg

funnily enough looking at adding a couple of 1.0 TSI versions in the near future to hedge our bets and their dirt cheap on prereg.

Soldato
Looks awesome that does mate and the wheels really suit it, can tell they are not black as they can be easily seen. :)

Has it got carbon sills and carbon roof? Don't see many a GTR in that colour, a real nice change from the usual white, greys and black. :)

Thanks mate.

Sills, lip etc are grey.

Roof is a matte carbon wrap. Intended to remove it but suits quite nice especially as the interior has actual dry carbon too.

OcUK Staff
Thanks mate.

Sills, lip etc are grey.

Roof is a matte carbon wrap. Intended to remove it but suits quite nice especially as the interior has actual dry carbon too.

Sweet, there are now new 4D wraps available which are gloss and really do look like real carbon, I was shocked when the guy who has done some work for me showed me them, really impressive and even close up you'd be hard judge to tell the difference between it and real thing, just in case you ever fancy a change. :)

Soldato

:(

Had an idiot going way too quick cut the corner going down a ramp, and turning right, in a multi story - to avoid, I steered left (while going up the ramp and turning left), and as I reached the top and completed my turn, rear passenger wheel clipped the curb :mad:

Not even 4 weeks -.-

Back
Top Bottom