• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Caporegime
Seems a bit mean to squeeze the ones at launch It's not early adoption when it's the actual release day surely ... The first people are the most into it and shouldn't be punished lol

Looking forward to tomorrow to see how things pan out. Asus are without doubt gonna be the most expensive, i would be surprised if any are actually in stock for the quoted £660 price, lower prices on these launches tend to be only pre orders with no real estimate of when you'll get it.

Caporegime
Really don't know how Asus can take themselves seriously sometimes with their bad bios support and half baked implementations. They used to be good, then just lived on the image of being good.

I just find it amazing they have the brass balls to sell a reference card for more than anyone else. It's not as if their warranty is 5 years or something like that.

Associate
Seems a bit mean to squeeze the ones at launch It's not early adoption when it's the actual release day surely ... The first people are the most into it and shouldn't be punished lol

This TBH. So OCUK manage to get hold of way over 50% of uk stock and are going to make us pay a early adopters tax if we want one at launch. Had a good experience dealing with OCUK customer service recently due to DPD delivering a £650 monitor which had a big hole in the box from being badly handled in transit but even so I think I will shop around a bit more when I build my new Ryzen system in the summer. As price gouging or so it seems in this case just annoys me.

Man of Honour
Are people really that worried? If you run a business and walked into opportunities like this wouldn't you? Or are you that nice that you don't want a decent margin so you can pay your costs? If I had the majority of the stock id set the price as well, it makes business sense to do so. You and I as a consumer decide if that is ok and if we are willing to buy. It really is that simple.

Associate
You know it's all ****** when people are hoping for better performance from a brand new £700 card than a 1080Ti released 2 years ago that has been around the £600 mark. Utter madness.

Yep more money for same performance 2 years later. Shocking!

Desperately hoped AMD came back with something but like phone manufacturers jumping on the back of Apple everyone just raising their prices with no justification. AMD needed this out the door at £500 or less. Unfortunately charging this much for 2 year old performance has just gone down the RTX2080 route. Disappointing!

Was going to do a full system overhaul on black friday last year but just couldnt get excited enough for what was on offer for the price. OCUK didnt help either with some questionable pre made computers with discounts but also sneakily switching components around meaning the savings werent true. Nvidias gpu prices & intels cpu prices just made it pointless. AMD shining with Ryzen but i wouldnt benefit as would only be a gamer so still make sense for me to go Intel at moment.

Just got another SSD drive to tide me over and will hang fire for next Black Friday and hope some sort of sensibility returns *fingers crossed - please, please, please*

Soldato
Are people really that worried? If you run a business and walked into opportunities like this wouldn't you? Or are you that nice that you don't want a decent margin so you can pay your costs? If I had the majority of the stock id set the price as well, it makes business sense to do so. You and I as a consumer decide if that is ok and if we are willing to buy. It really is that simple.
Depends how much money you have

And also if you have the majority of the stock you have the majority of the income also

Associate
Having the money for rrp and then having someone decide to squeeze you to the point you can't then afford something just because you want to buy it is unethical
Either you buy it at the price they want to sell it at, or you don't. The only reason they have the stock that they do is because they have the buying power. Its up to them whether they want to take advantage of it.

They have plenty of 2080s if its that much of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom