*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Associate
Been playing this on hardcore with the original sound track over the last week and i have to say capcom did a pretty good job on this. Game play feels just like the old games where every room is battle.
Do you rush a room and collect as much as you can while dodging enemies alerting others and maybe missing a key item or do you try and creep your way around the room and risk getting grabbed? Or do you use valuble ammo that may or may not permanently kill the enemy? :D

Finished Leon A (loved it) and am now about 1/3 through Clair B and i've got say the B game feels pretty lazy and sloppy.

Spoilers for Leon A,Clair B and some stuff on the original.

It feels like choices or actions made during the A game have no impact on the B game so far. In the original there were a few things that the A character could do which would directly affect the B game such as choosing which window shutters to close or you could just leave them open. Or picking up certain items or choosing to leave them.

Then there is the problem with continuity.
Breakroom shutter is open yet the fuse is still in the breakroom.

Starvin Marvin is up and about which means Leon has already entered the underground and is\has battled
Birkin because Marvin was still alive when he entered. And then Clair has to do the exact same battle causing the exact same damage to the walkway as Leon.

Leon puts out helicopter fire, yet Clair has to do the same thing.

The C4 area.

Stars office.

Now i know it's been a long time since i played the original but i don't remember these sort of problems, but i could be wrong. It feels like they were so focused on the A game that they painted themselves into a corner.

Just feels really lazy and not thought out.

Still having a blast though, will see if it gets better.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Finally completed Leon A scenario at just over 2 hours mark to get S+ and also did the under 14000 steps achievement. I get my samurai unlimited handgun now :D

The bad news however is somehow 2 of my achievements got reversed. I unlocked the unbreakable combat knife, but somehow it shows I have not completed the mr raccoons achievement. Wtf? I started a brand new game to check and the unbreakable knife and the unlimited samurai gun were in the item box. The other achievement I think is the one I also recently unlocked where you beat the boss quickly. What gives?

Should have had 3 achievements left to unlock, but now 5 again :(

Just looked, those are two brand new achievements it seems for the upcoming dlc. I guess there will be more mr raccoons to find :)

"Hell of a Sheriff": Complete the No Way Out scenario. (No training mode)

"Got 'Em": Destroy all Mr. Raccoons hidden in The Ghost Survivors mode.

Soldato
ZeKzHuk.png

Managed to get through 4th Survivor in the first try, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been watching quite a few speedrunners do it on Twitch :D It's remarkably easy when you know the lines to take in the busy rooms. Tofu is much easier from what I've seen which is strange, as long as you take the speedrun lines and know which zombies to run into so you can knife reversal them into the others to clear paths the only difficult rooms are the Lickers. What makes him easier is the fact you cannot die at all to the plant guys thanks to having 20 knives, no matter how they grab you. Infact the final room with the huge horde, as Tofu you want to get grabbed by the plant to push it into the rest of them lol! Don't think I'll try it though, guns are too fun.

:eek: Not cool!!! Man, I'm glad that didn't happen during my playthroughs!

This was faked, the person hacked in the crank that only Leon can get to open the shutters as Claire leading to Iron's office and they activated Scenario A's Mr. X at the helicopter shortly after activating Scenario B's Mr. X in the S.T.A.R.S office hallway.

Associate
ZeKzHuk.png

Managed to get through 4th Survivor in the first try, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been watching quite a few speedrunners do it on Twitch :D It's remarkably easy when you know the lines to take in the busy rooms. Tofu is much easier from what I've seen which is strange, as long as you take the speedrun lines and know which zombies to run into so you can knife reversal them into the others to clear paths the only difficult rooms are the Lickers. What makes him easier is the fact you cannot die at all to the plant guys thanks to having 20 knives, no matter how they grab you. Infact the final room with the huge horde, as Tofu you want to get grabbed by the plant to push it into the rest of them lol! Don't think I'll try it though, guns are too fun.

This was faked, the person hacked in the crank that only Leon can get to open the shutters as Claire leading to Iron's office and they activated Scenario A's Mr. X at the helicopter shortly after activating Scenario B's Mr. X in the S.T.A.R.S office hallway.

If you like doing the run with a nice selection of guns then complete it as Tofu ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Sooo, heart key as Leon. Didn't realise :D
How long did you take looking for it? Lol. On my first playthrough I did every room and the map showed I got everything, I moved on thinking it would show up later on in the game, but then forgot about it.

Apparently some people spent ages search for it. Haha.

I might do one more playthrough at a relaxed pace using a Xbox controller. Had a quick go with a controller and it feels very different than playing with keyboard and mouse. You can make the characters move at different speeds. Also just the way you look around with a controller just feels different, more cinematic somehow. Just feels like a very different experience, which is weird as I have not felt that with other games.

I messed around with my samurai pistol also, not fun using it for a playthrough as unlimited bullets is just boring. But for dismembering the zombies, that is a different matter. Has anyone managed to completely shoot of all the limbs of a zombie before killing it? I managed it and it was still trying to attack shimmying towards me with its torso at a snail pace :D

Soldato
You get more Tofu characters with different weapon sets, for example there's one with loads of grenades, one with the 6 shooter and hundreds of bullets, even one with a mini-gun and rocket launcher :D
LOL that's fantastic hahaha, gonna try that now.

https://imgur.com/a/rNckYmc?

Think I'm almost done, gonna take those infinite bonus weapons through assisted and hunt down those stupid Racoon toy things and try and find the last 4 files. How on Earth do you keep track of files you have and have not read?

Last edited:
Soldato
seeing a lot of shadow and transparency issues at the minute, not sure if it's something thats always been there and i've only just noticed or a new issue.

resident evil 2 screenshot below the shadows cast look awful and it's like this in game too, whenever a shadow needs some transparency it just appears like that, having the same issue in far cry 4 and 5 when looking at or through trees.

Am i missing something somewhere or can anyone compare the model viewer on resident evil 2 to see if it looks the same.

ka44g5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom