• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

OcUK Staff
Gibbo is this for the next batch ? Is it still eta end of feb ?

AMD will do their best but as production can typically take 4-6 weeks to hit maximum I would say worse case would be end of March.
I suspect the next wave will be 300-500 units due end of February, I suspect in March they will be able to ship us 1000-2000 units. :)

Associate
Hi there

OK I was speaking with AMD in the early hours, they have made me a promise, sell at MSRP, sell 2000 cards and they will deliver 2000 cards, you heard it hear, so cards like Powercolor and Sapphire shall be at MSRP simply because those brands are direct AMD partner brands, thus far safer to sell volume, the other brands are a big unknown for us as such those prices shall be high.

I've been staring at my screen refreshing the page since 1am... O_O

Associate
What is the MSRP in gbp? *prepares wallet*

giphy.gif

Boom £649.00. Take my money!

Caporegime
Same here, I was really disappointed about Universe but apparently it didn't sit well with the younger generation which was a shame as the story had potential and legs. A Galaxy a season and the right writers could have done it proud
Sorry for the off topic but man, I loved Universe and was gutted when they canned it after one season. So much potential :(

Associate
Without wanting to make a statement lacking in scientific fact, I will propose that every AMD card I can remember has improved significantly in performance over its lifespan, whilst most nVidia cards, particularly at the high end, get forgotten about and tail off in comparison. AMD seek to improve their older cards whilst nVidia aim to make theirs obsolete once they have a new product line.

If the future reflects the past, the Radeon 7 will be competitive with the 2080ti in most games in about 12 months from now.

Not sure about the 2080ti but I would certainly hope it would be ahead in most things compared to the 2080

Back
Top Bottom