• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
Careful you'll get attacked,
;)

To be fair the that's the same argument one could apply to the next gen Nvidia series.

The 2080 is on par with the previous gen that's 2 years old but has proprietary RTX tech that we all know will go open source along the lines of MS DX RTX.

In the same way that Nvidia users can now use Freesync.

AMD are releasing a competitive product and that's all there is to it.

Caporegime
I don't understand this argument? Why not say it's the same performance as a 5 month old 2080?

Because, comparing it to the 1080Ti highlights how rubbish the GPU market is at the moment. 2 years and no real progress on price/perf. That is really bad.

Don't get me wrong, i think Nvidia's prices are ridiculous as well and this is their fault, but it is a shame AMD are just playing along and not trying to undercut them and win marketshare.

Permabanned
I really do hope that the Radeon VII sells in large numbers as it will give NVidia some serious competition in an area where they are weak unless they want to go back to making 1080 Ti cards.

There are a lot of loyal AMD users on these forums who won't touch NVidia cards because of their pricing and I don't blame them.

Good luck to anyone trying to buy a Radeon VII tomorrow, I hope all goes well.:)

https://www.techpowerup.com/

Soldato
To be fair the that's the same argument one could apply to the next gen Nvidia series.

The 2080 is on par with the previous gen that's 2 years old but has proprietary RTX tech that we all know will go open source along the lines of MS DX RTX.

In the same way that Nvidia users can now use Freesync.

AMD are releasing a competitive product and that's all there is to it.

Yep nvidia are milking it as usual, allowing price fuxing to occur between amd and nvidia. But the 2080 isn't high end, it's a salvaged laptop chip to replace gp104. The true high end is tu102 which replaces gp102, but guess what Amd can't compete in the high end. So nvidia get to price away.

Permabanned
Sorry for the off topic but man, I loved Universe and was gutted when they canned it after two season. So much potential :(

Fixed :D

I couldn't agree more plus I thought the way it ended was the brilliant, It has it's own special spot in my DVD collection alongside titles like Defying Gravity & The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Enough of my off-topic posting though,

We still have 3 hrs & 20 minutes to go. :(

Associate
Because, comparing it to the 1080Ti highlights how rubbish the GPU market is at the moment. 2 years and no real progress on price/perf. That is really bad.

Don't get me wrong, i think Nvidia's prices are ridiculous as well and this is their fault, but it is a shame AMD are just playing along and not trying to undercut them and win marketshare.

The 1080ti/2080 will be very capable cards for the next 4-5yrs I'm not sure exactly what people want?

Back
Top Bottom