Which console for younger kids ?

Soldato
So I picked up a SNES classic and although I appreciate the nostalgic game play I feel my kids who are 5 and 6 are not that impressed.

I wanted to have something in the front room that we can all enjoy and being a pc man I am not sure.

I have been offered a Wii which I believe it's cracked with all the games on ( will say no more )

The other option is a switch which I am liking the look off. But don't really want them using it as a handheld which I guess defeats the object ?

I am keen for them to have a device to play now and then and not something they hold or argue over and become absorbed in.

Also games seem pricey. Are there cheaper basic ones that can be purchased ?

As for Xbox or and PS4 I have not really looked at. But again I presume you can download or purchase cheaper basic titles for little ones ?

Soldato
I'd still go for a Switch. It's a cracking console docked and undocked. Loads of kid friendly games and, imho, the best place to play indie titles fullstop. Mario Odyssey is worth the asking price alone. As is Breath of the Wild.

Soldato
Switch or Pc, really. I don't really see the point in a PS or XB for younger kids.

I went PC for my boy as the games are super cheap. I'd love a switch, but not sure I fancy forking over £40 a game. He mostly plays Minecraft anyhow. And I've introduced him to some of my favourite SNES, and even C64, games through the PC.

Caporegime
switch for sure - it comes with 2 controllers too so no additional cost needed unless more than 2 want to play then controllers can become pricey but there are cheaper alternatives available like dongles, etc.

Switch or Pc, really. I don't really see the point in a PS or XB for younger kids.

I went PC for my boy as the games are super cheap. I'd love a switch, but not sure I fancy forking over £40 a game. He mostly plays Minecraft anyhow. And I've introduced him to some of my favourite SNES, and even C64, games through the PC.

majority of games can be bought in sales. i think i have about 20 games and spent around £120. 2 of them are AAA rated titles too (splatoon 2 and mario kart). a lot of games sub £5 are great, as are the sub £10 and £20 games. snipperclips, soccer slammers, etc.

Back
Top Bottom