Ryzen 5 2600 cooling

Associate
hi.
What cooling gonna be the best for Ryzen 5 2600? I gonna overclock. Budget about 70 euro. Case is corsair carbide 500r

Thanks

Permabanned
Soldato
One of the best values in CPU cooling is the TRUE Spirit 140 Power cooling like NH-D15/D15S and other top tier coolers for 60-70% the cost. It is rated 300+ watts TDP so will handle the heat of overclocking well. Only problem is it is wide and might block a PCIe socket. Google 'true spirit 140 power' and look in 'shopping'.

What motherboard, RAM and case are you using?

Soldato
I have a Noctua DH15 on a 2600 at 4GHz. I'm only running it in single fan mode because the 2nd fan would block my RAM slots but temperatures are very good. Idle temps are in the low 20s, settling to 45-50ºc after 12 hours of stress testing, depending on room temperature.

It runs absolutely silently too. Apart from the RAM slots, there are no problems with clearance on a Strix X470-F. The mounting system is a doddle to use.

Associate
OP
Don't have pc now. I'm gonna order parts next week. I'm thinking msi b450 gaming pro carbon. Don't know what ram. More I'm reading, less I know

Associate
Thought i'd ask in this thread hopefully without hi-jacking (also might add something for you Zed) but can anyone tell me how quiet the stock cooler that comes with the 2600 is? It's the wraith stealth far as I'm aware. I have a nh-u12s I could get the AM4 bracket for £12ish if it's worth doing that over the wraith would anyone know?

Permabanned
Thought i'd ask in this thread hopefully without hi-jacking (also might add something for you Zed) but can anyone tell me how quiet the stock cooler that comes with the 2600 is? It's the wraith stealth far as I'm aware. I have a nh-u12s I could get the AM4 bracket for £12ish if it's worth doing that over the wraith would anyone know?

Noise and performance comparisons:

Soldato
As a general rule stock coolers do not cool as well and are louder than aftermarket coolers, even small ones like H7 or even coolers the size of NH-U12S and 212. Below is review of Wraith coolers and Enermax T40Fit Twister, a basic 126 x 41 x 161.7mm with 140mm fan (finpack is width of 120mm fan). You can see all Wraith coolers are 2.3-8.1c hotter.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2300-amd-wraith-cpu-cooler-temperature-benchmark

Below is link to EnermaxT40 review with comparisons to other coolers. It's not T40Fit but same cooler with different fan and on Intel Core i7 4770K
not a Ryzen, but cooling ability is similar even with different fan so we can see how T40Fit compares to other aftermarket coolers. I suggest looking at overclocked number because that shows how coolers perform removing more heat.
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7436/enermax-ets-t40fit-cpu-coolers-review/index6.html

T40 is mid-range in temps similar to H7 or 212 performance, so like first link 2.3-8.1 better than Wraith coolers and quieter too, even quiter still at same temp as Wraith because we have to slow down the aftermarket cooler fan to bring temps up to match Wraith cooler temps. ;)

Basically it all boils down to low to mid-level aftermarket coolers are significantly better with lower temps and lower noise levels than stock coolers.

Associate
hi.
What cooling gonna be the best for Ryzen 5 2600? I gonna overclock. Budget about 70 euro. Case is corsair carbide 500r

Thanks

As for an answer to this I can recommend the Noctua NH-U12s for it's silence albeit not quite as good ability as some others, but a lot of people rave about the NH-D14 which is the daddy of the Noctua range as far as cooling and probably around your budget (if not used on eBay would be I think). They have the D14 for 81euro on Overclockers and you can get the AM4 bracket for free if you buy it new from the Noctua website.

Soldato

You should be able to get an AM4 bracket free of charge from Noctua.

https://noctua.at/en/nm-am4-mounting-kit

**Nevermind, just noticed you are aware of it**

Soldato
I've asked Noctua for mount update kit and only had to show images of my cooler and new CPU/motherboard .. but that was a few years ago for an old NH-U12S I had to upgrade to 115x mount. Their websites does say 'with proof of purchase', but I told them cooler was several years old cooler and I no longer had receipt asking if pics would be okay, and they said yes.

Back
Top Bottom