• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Associate
Gigabyte Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme Waterforce AIO.

14 days of use, playing Ghost Recon: Wildlands and crashed on me a few times then completely died on me and wouldn't boot into Windows. RMA'd and money back after two days. Big shout out to OCUK for sorting it out so quick though. After watching a few videos on YouTube I'm guessing it was probably a Mem issue?

Associate
Mine gone pop this morning after about a month.

EVGA 2080Ti FTW3

It crashed playing Apex Legends last night, since booting it this morning the card is showing a error code 43 in device manager and the card won't display a resolution over 1024 x 768.

I've tested very thing from changing the drivers, fresh install of windows, testing the MB on different BIOS versions and also the different BIOS's on the card. All changes net the same set of results.

As per the pictures below:

NAeT9or.png
ifoLhxe.jpg.png
That's worrying, I'm onto my second 2080Ti and this time I opted for the EVGA FTW3 Ultra... Fingers crossed it lasts. I have heard EVGA are good with RMA's.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
So I done a bit more digging last night and it does definitely look to be a problem around the memory.

Drivers and Sensors
hDZ2eyM.png

Desktop View

wGBOJIj.jpg.png
kbvvusu.jpg.png

EVGA has responded within 20 mins of raising the support reference and have given me a RMA number, as I have requested a advanced RMA I am waiting for it to be approved.

Soldato
Evga put a hold on you're debit/credit card for the price of a 20 series card then ship the replacement card then you have 10 days to return the original card or they will charge you the full amount

Oh excellent I bought their 10 year warranty with my Ti, question what happens in say 3 years if the card breaks down and 2080ti’s aren’t about do they give you the equivalent?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
RMA has all been approved and I am just waiting for them to send me a replacement card now.

Thus far EVGA have been very good.

Man of Honour
OP
Mine gone pop this morning after about a month.

EVGA 2080Ti FTW3

It crashed playing Apex Legends last night, since booting it this morning the card is showing a error code 43 in device manager and the card won't display a resolution over 1024 x 768.

I've tested very thing from changing the drivers, fresh install of windows, testing the MB on different BIOS versions and also the different BIOS's on the card. All changes net the same set of results.

As per the pictures below:

NAeT9or.png
ifoLhxe.jpg.png

Sorry to hear about your card.

OP updated.

Associate
Another victim here! Zotac rtx2080ti broke in under a week last night- space invaders artefacts all over screen then died. Was part of a 3k build from here so passed initial stress tests etc. The really concerning thing is i bet i only gamed on it for a few hours tops before it died. See attached pic i took as it died. Very unhappy as i paid for the fast track on this 60 quid and now im unable to game and i am still having to tamper with the machine myself to take it out and return it which i paid for them to do.

Sorry i dont know how to insert an image. https://imgur.com/a/M7D0aWC

Last edited:
Associate
This has never happened to me before so I'm unsure what to do.

ASUS RTX 2080 TI ROG Strix OC

I updated my entire set up before Christmas and spent a fortune on it. :(

I play a lot of Black Ops and for the past week I've been unable to complete a single game as it either freezes or crashes out. I thought this was related to a latest patch, however trying again today the game crashed and I had the space invader artefacts all over both monitors. So I tried some other games and I get the same issue but in various forms. After a little bit of research I believe this is now the dreaded dying 2080 issue...

This is one picture I took.

jG8RfXh.jpg

Ey4Fr67.jpg

What would you recommend? Do I contact ASUS or where the place I bought the card from?

Really appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
This has never happened to me before so I'm unsure what to do.

ASUS RTX 2080 TI ROG Strix OC

I updated my entire set up before Christmas and spent a fortune on it. :(

I play a lot of Black Ops and for the past week I've been unable to complete a single game as it either freezes or crashes out. I thought this was related to a latest patch, however trying again today the game crashed and I had the space invader artefacts all over both monitors. So I tried some other games and I get the same issue but in various forms. After a little bit of research I believe this is now the dreaded dying 2080 issue...

This is one picture I took.

jG8RfXh.jpg

What would you recommend? Do I contact ASUS or where the place I bought the card from?

Really appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

Contact the place you bought it from. Your contract is with them. If they try to refer you to Asus, refuse.

Associate
I feel for you mate mine broke last night as i was showing it off to friends which was obviously humiliating but also hilarious the irony of it! We spend a fortune on these and they are failing left right and centre regardless of the brand. Get in touch with where you got the card from first see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom