The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
Downloading now.

Another quick reminder to anyone that hasn't done this: Go to your Ubi account website and in the beta page make sure you opt in.
I was eligible for Div 2 just by opting in and it is open to everyone. You may not get selected but for the reasonable price of zero pennies it is worth a shot.

Associate
my invites are now working. If anyone has a ps4 code they want to swap for a pc code ??

sorry need 2 ps4 codes, i got 2 pc codes left on friends invite

Last edited:
Soldato
Had an hour or so tonight and liking what I have been able to play so far.

Got 4-5 disconnects during the first proper mission though which was a little frustrating.

Performance seems ok in DX11 mode (70-90 FPS average with 8700k/1080Ti @ 1440p "Custom" settings (basically Ultra with one of the shadow settings turned down to high and everything else maxed out)). DX12 thoughs feels odd to me. I noted when doing a quick search that some people were suggesting G-sync isn't working when the game is set to DX12. This kind of makes sense based on what I was experiencing. The framerate was fine but the game felt, well, choppy.

Hopefully most of the issues that are impacting the ability to play the game and the overall performance optimisation will be sorted for launch.

Overall it feels just like a expansion / carry on from Div 1 which in my mind is absolutely fine. :)

Soldato
Make sure you have sprint set to hold or toggle appropriately as I found it somehow got reset randomly after the first couple of minutes and wondered why I wasn't moving properly.

The character movement has a slightly heavier feel with a little longer transition from walk to run and vice versa which can make it feel a bit slower but I don't think it is that much slower than TD1.

Conversely I've not encountered any significant bugs so far and I'm usually the first to encounter them LOL - even the missions have worked properly for me that people are complaining about.

NPC's behind walls, double reload, skill jams, macro burst fire weapons and macro g36, moon walking NPC's and slow motion NPC's so far.

Either way, I hasd a good time between 9am and 1:30 when others started logging in and lagging the game lol!

Anthem was absolute rubbish and a reskin of destiny 2 in my opinion.

Division 2 is way better

You are on crack to think anthem is a reskin of destiny 2, especially the game as it is now. Anthem was a **** show, buggy mess on launch and they need to look at the td2 beta to get an understanding of how to handle it.

TD2 has a lot of bugs, people got disconnected but least they didn't ddos themselves haha

Caporegime
I'll post exactly what I put on Reddit:

I've played D1 for over 40 days continuous playtime and while to some these may be rookie numbers it does give a certain basis for my thoughts.

At the beginning there should be a prompt asking if you've played Division 1, or even taking a look at your uPlay account to see what sort of time you have in the game. D2 is fundamentally the same game as D1 and I don't need to be told to 'Manually reload by pressing R' which seems to appear halfway through a reload. Or be prompted to do loads of things that will be second nature to D1 players like taking cover.

Movement is a bit, well, weird. The movement in D1 was smooth and fluid and lifelike. The movement in this feels clunky and as if there are animation frames missing. It's all a bit slower than D1, and that's a shame. You often get stuck in doorways by just clipping the very edge and have to reverse out and come back.

Gunplay is good at lower levels and having to really think about your mods is welcome. I just have very few mods at the moment. Some new weapons would be good, but I guess development time put paid to that, although I do have a purple M16. Just a shame it's burst fire. Rifles seem to be quite powerful too which is welcome compared to the almost mandatory D1 loadout of Sniper Rifle and Lightweight M4/LVOA-C.

As a group of four we attempted the Washington Hotel mission on Hard Difficulty. Now I know it's Hard difficulty, but it felt like the step between Normal and Hard was too high. We must have tried taking Saint down around 25-30 times and all four of us were level 7 with blue weapons, mostly blue equipment and two of us even had purple weapons. The Taser lance Fanatic Ladies are too powerful and if they catch up with you, you get tasered and can't escape at all. Some say that's a good thing, but it does mean that once you get hit you may as well stop pressing buttons or trying to shoot. You should at least be able to take one shock then be able to evade before being tasered again. The timings are too close at the moment and need to be relaxed as you just get Perma-shocked with no hope of escape.

Grenades need to be more visible or have some audio warning from ISAC to let you know one is incoming. If you're not facing in the direction of the incoming grenade you don't even get a warning and it just explodes at your feet. We need some sort of indicator, even if it's an Audio one.

OMG so many Delta's! I thought it might be my PC, either because I tried DX12, or that I didn't have the very latest GeForce drivers installed but when the whole team gets disconnected at the same time it shows to be a server or client error. That and I had two hard lockups that meant a reset of the PC (something I haven't had to do on any game for months, if not a year or more) and quite a few crashes to desktop with no warning and no Division error code. I hope the launch is a lot more stable than this!

Also I noticed this bug happening quite a lot: https://imgur.com/a/mAlQ5jV the indicator for taking cover was often mirrored on my screen, as shown.

Soldato
@MissChief you actually found Washington on hard, actually hard with 4 people on discord? I don't think the problem was the game if I am honest man, I did it with MM on hard and it was fine - no wipes, but a lot of deaths.

I do agree the status effects are way over the top however, but I don't think your experience of that mission is necesdsarily requiring change on the dev side.....

EDIT: I think if people find this beta difficult they should keep it as is, they ruined td1 by going too much on the casual side where boss runs would net the best gear eventually..

Back
Top Bottom