• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

threadripper cooling report

Soldato
so i got a 2950x cpu that was running a bequiet 360mm Aio (small IHS), it was very noisy (pump noise) and didn't have great temperatures so bought a noctua TR4 cooler

real-bench max temperature after 1 hour
Bequiet AIO 72C - (90% fan speed!)
noctua TR4 NH-U14S -51C (1200Rpm) around 70%?

Noctua at 50% realbench 1 hour 57C

Soldato
so i got a 2950x cpu that was running a bequiet 360mm Aio (small IHS), it was very noisy (pump noise) and didn't have great temperatures so bought a noctua TR4 cooler

real-bench max temperature after 1 hour
Bequiet AIO 72C - (90% fan speed!)
noctua TR4 NH-U14S -51C (1200Rpm) around 70%?

Noctua at 50% realbench 1 hour 57C

The clue is in the first part of your post smogsy. "small IHS". The Bequiet was never designed to run with your 2950X in the first place. The Noctua TR4 NH-U14S on the other hand was only designed to run on TR. If your Bequiet had the interchangeable connectors you could have just bought the TR4 head for it anyway.

Soldato
OP
The clue is in the first part of your post smogsy. "small IHS". The Bequiet was never designed to run with your 2950X in the first place. The Noctua TR4 NH-U14S on the other hand was only designed to run on TR. If your Bequiet had the interchangeable connectors you could have just bought the TR4 head for it anyway.

It had the interchangeable head on

Permabanned
what size radiator dose the Bequiet have?

tbf most AIO's are not cracking at sustained load, there only good for keeping temps down over varying load like in games and so on, ones the load is sustained and the coolant warms up they do tend to be hotted than a good air cooler

Soldato
Great result. I used the noctua cooler with a 1950X. Pretty awesome and only single tower cooler and fan too. They make great air coolers. Will get getting one for whatever CPU I use next in main build.

Caporegime
I'm only running the 6600K at the mo but I've been extremely impressed with my Noctua cooler. Even in the summer when rendering temps rarely go above the mid to high 50s.

Back
Top Bottom