The Grand Tour

Caporegime
Jim Clark sequence was epic, I knew he was one of the greats but must admit I never fully appreciated that he clearly was the greatest by a long way.

The rest though? Meh.

I dunno, am I just expecting too much?

Caporegime
Jim Clark sequence was epic, I knew he was one of the greats but must admit I never fully appreciated that he clearly was the greatest by a long way.

The rest though? Meh.

I dunno, am I just expecting too much?

You can always get too hung up on records. When looking at things methodically you get to see who were the real greats. Especially when you see the competition at the time.

Caporegime
You can always get too hung up on records. When looking at things methodically you get to see who were the real greats. Especially when you see the competition at the time.
I think his stats and percentages speak for themselves wouldn’t you agree?

Heck even Fangio rated him the best and he was Senna’s hero, you just can’t top that!

Man of Honour
I’ve owned a 2014 Amarok for 4 years, mine had low range. It’s an option.

The new model with the 3L V6 as far as I know was introduced without low range as an option though to be honest I've not looked into that in any detail as low range isn't really relevant to my use. I did see some mention that they were thinking of introducing a low range model but no idea if that happened.

From what I've seen it really isn't an issue though.

I find pickups in a bit of a strange place in this country - other than those that want a through and through workhorse the Amarok is the only one that comes close to nailing the realistic blend of use of one in the UK. Most of the UK models fall short of the ideal setup for a pure workhorse while failing to embrace the normal road side of the equation that in this country they are going to be spending a lot of time on.

Caporegime
I think his stats and percentages speak for themselves wouldn’t you agree?

Heck even Fangio rated him the best and he was Senna’s hero, you just can’t top that!

I think you miss read my post. There are a lot with good records which make them look a lot better than they actually are (Sebastian Vettel for example). Then you have people like Jim Clark who kind of get forgotten about even though looking at it methodically you can see isn't the case. Nigel Mansell is another one.

Caporegime
I think you miss read my post. There are a lot with good records which make them look a lot better than they actually are (Sebastian Vettel for example). Then you have people like Jim Clark who kind of get forgotten about even though looking at it methodically you can see isn't the case. Nigel Mansell is another one.
Yes, misunderstood what you were saying, apologies.

Back
Top Bottom