• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Permabanned
Yeah, check out some of the others, barely beats a 1080 at times. Sort the drivers and get a 3rd party quiet version, drop the price, would be a world beater.

These are obvious anomalies because there is no way RTX 2080 Ti is slower than GTX 1080 Ti.
Drivers not working, or CPU bottleneck somehow, or just faulty game.

OcUK Staff
Just wanted to say a humongous thank you to the overclockers team for being so on point yesterday and especially @Gibbo for being so candid and open and helpful to us that's why I moved from Aria many years ago and always will stay here. Cheers @ocuk

Thanks for the support. :)

Oh dear .... oh dear....

UK price gauging is what destroying this card.

If it was £550 it would be amazing .

It will never be £550, we have Sapphire listed at £649.99 which is MSRP, stock due March. :)

Soldato

Just read that review now, you literally picked the only 2 games which showed it as a 1080, whereas all the rest @ 1440 and 4k are alongside the 1080Ti / 2080 but if cherry picking is the key here:

2rqbubp.png

OcUK Staff
Just read that review now, you literally picked the only 2 games which showed it as a 1080, whereas all the rest @ 1440 and 4k are alongside the 1080Ti / 2080 but if cherry picking is the key here:

2rqbubp.png

Impressive but more impressive is how the RX 590 absolutely crushes a 1060 now and is not a million miles behind a 1070, for a £239 card with 8G its bloody epic value for money, plus the three games, sell them and your ownership experience cost you under £200. :)

Also impressive how Vega 56 not only beats a 1070Ti and 2060, it can also rival 1080 in some games, not many, but again for a card under £300, with 8G and three free games, AMD really are doing a great job in the mainstream and middle segment at the moment, yes they might be old products but the performance has improved considerably since their launch and the prices have come down.

Their line up is pretty good! Even the RX 570 can nearly match a 1060, that is wow! :eek:

RX Vega 7 @ £649
RX Vega 64 @ £379
RX Vega 56 @ £299
RX 590 @ £239
RX 580 @ £179
RX 570 @ £139

Seriously they win every segment under £600, have a better games bundle, unless your looking for absolute best (2080Ti) then my money would be on an AMD card personally. :)

P.S. Undervolt the 56 and 64, up power target and you typically gain another 10% performance quite easily without having to faff around with clock speeds. :)

Associate
Thanks for the support. :)

It will never be £550, we have Sapphire listed at £649.99 which is MSRP, stock due March. :)

So after ordering at 14:02 and the cards showing for a while after that they were due in on the day you are now saying march for the next batch. Was already thinking of cancelling my order due to how loud they get under load but now I will if I have to wait a month.

OcUK Staff
So after ordering at 14:02 and the cards showing for a while after that they were due in on the day you are now saying march for the next batch. Was already thinking of cancelling my order due to how loud they get under load but now I will if I have to wait a month.

We have no firm dates until next week due to Chinese New Year, if the board partners are well prepared then we could be seeing stock in around two weeks, so this month and for people ordering now it is probably early March.
Of course feel free to cancel and wait for more reviews and feedback. :)

Permabanned
Impressive but more impressive is how the RX 590 absolutely crushes a 1060 now and is not a million miles behind a 1070, for a £239 card with 8G its bloody epic value for money, plus the three games, sell them and your ownership experience cost you under £200. :)

Also impressive how Vega 56 not only beats a 1070Ti and 2060, it can also rival 1080 in some games, not many, but again for a card under £300, with 8G and three free games, AMD really are doing a great job in the mainstream and middle segment at the moment, yes they might be old products but the performance has improved considerably since their launch and the prices have come down.

Their line up is pretty good! Even the RX 570 can nearly match a 1060, that is wow! :eek:

RX Vega 7 @ £649
RX Vega 64 @ £379
RX Vega 56 @ £299
RX 590 @ £239
RX 580 @ £179
RX 570 @ £139

Seriously they win every segment under £600, have a better games bundle, unless your looking for absolute best (2080Ti) then my money would be on an AMD card personally. :)

P.S. Undervolt the 56 and 64, up power target and you typically gain another 10% performance quite easily without having to faff around with clock speeds. :)

Well, we have multiple times repeated that the 8GB RX 580 is a better purchase than a GTX 1060 6GB.

OcUK Staff
I'll probably jump in when I can get an AIO cooled card for £600 ;)

Still a lot of confusion if there will even be custom cards, AMD PR says yes, AMD sales say no, board partners are not available to comment due to CNY.
More digging to do, I also doubt these will ever drop much, would take the pound to strengthen as I simply think its pretty much a break even product from AMD due to actually been a professional level product and 16G HBM2.

Back
Top Bottom