• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
Well, AMD have made a right cluster **** of the release in my eyes. Just look at the reviews etc.
Now 2 weeks wait time has gone to a month plus.
Nah, too much **** gone on so far with this card without having it in my hands and I think that's a blessing in disguise.
Going to cancel order.
I dare say a few others have and will be too.

Associate
Still a lot of confusion if there will even be custom cards, AMD PR says yes, AMD sales say no, board partners are not available to comment due to CNY.
More digging to do, I also doubt these will ever drop much, would take the pound to strengthen as I simply think its pretty much a break even product from AMD due to actually been a professional level product and 16G HBM2.
Didnt that happen with the vega 56,64? i can remember when the nitro+ was around £750 , now down to £399 :)

Associate
Impressive but more impressive is how the RX 590 absolutely crushes a 1060 now and is not a million miles behind a 1070, for a £239 card with 8G its bloody epic value for money, plus the three games, sell them and your ownership experience cost you under £200. :)

Also impressive how Vega 56 not only beats a 1070Ti and 2060, it can also rival 1080 in some games, not many, but again for a card under £300, with 8G and three free games, AMD really are doing a great job in the mainstream and middle segment at the moment, yes they might be old products but the performance has improved considerably since their launch and the prices have come down.

Their line up is pretty good! Even the RX 570 can nearly match a 1060, that is wow! :eek:

RX Vega 7 @ £649
RX Vega 64 @ £379
RX Vega 56 @ £299
RX 590 @ £239
RX 580 @ £179
RX 570 @ £139

Seriously they win every segment under £600, have a better games bundle, unless your looking for absolute best (2080Ti) then my money would be on an AMD card personally. :)

P.S. Undervolt the 56 and 64, up power target and you typically gain another 10% performance quite easily without having to faff around with clock speeds. :)
gibbo should know :p:)

Back
Top Bottom