Quick eBay question

Soldato
To most of us here it's obvious it's for the PC. But for the sake of it I would suggest calling eBay for a quick 2 minute chat on the phone, they are good with these things and want to help buyers and sellers.

IDK why so many ask here instead. Everyone has a different opinion here.

Associate
OP
To most of us here it's obvious it's for the PC. But for the sake of it I would suggest calling eBay for a quick 2 minute chat on the phone, they are good with these things and want to help buyers and sellers.

IDK why so many ask here instead. Everyone has a different opinion here.

Tried to ring, was on hold 15 minutes, gave up.

Associate
OP
got through to eBay and lady was very helpful, she said.

Keep in contact with the buyer and ask for proof that item is faulty, if his proof isn't upto scratch (like he's putting it in his PlayStation). Then you don't have to refund him, if he sends it back to you, when you receive it, get proof that it does work and we can step in and act on your behalf.

Soldato
Is this classified as digital media ? so no return could be a legtimate response, as he might have used/copied the license ?

if ebay said you do not need to accept a return, if he said it does not work on a playstation, and you never said it would,
then, is it just down to seller to decide if he wants to be friendly.

Associate
OP
Why didn't you specifiy PC/Windows games in the ad....lazyness?

Eitherway the buyer was just as lazy not to message you to check as while its fairly obvious for anyone that buys PS games that they don't come in Jewel cases, it wasn't obvious enough.

That said, I assume the cases contain the keys and as such you can't guarentee the buyer isn't trying it on, having copied the games and will subsequently use the them in the PC. Personally I'd advise the seller that its their mistake and if they aren't suitable to resell them themselves. If they open a dispute, clearly state in any responses (that ebay will be able to read if they have to make a discision) that the error is on the buyers part as while you didn't state they were PC games, you also didn't state they were for PS + keys could now be compromised.

thanks for the reply Kermit, I have no idea why I didn't mention PC, as on my other games I've sold in the past I've always mentioned PC/PSX etc.

I will make a note of the digital license if/when he emails me back.

Caporegime
I can’t believe how much you charge especially given you can get new (albeit Origin/Steam keys) copies of the same game cheaper on the bay if you look!

Capitalism at its best! :D

As for the buyer, up to you, refund for less hassle but I’d say you’ve every right to refuse due to the key being compromised etc never mind his stupidity:D

Back
Top Bottom