2.0L 4-pot to 5.0L V8

Soldato
Do it!! one of the first cars I can honestly say I always look back over my shoulder as I walk away from it!

My other half did ask me why we were even bothering looking at other cars when she saw my grin getting into the car! Apparently I don't often look that excited :D

Soldato
My plan is to do a few test drives next month when I can also look at the new 3 series (which is one of my sensible options), with order going in for probably September delivery.

Soldato
How's this one tickle anyone's fancy? :)

owlrhgSI0ajDZDuqjDVWYUe2aDtDYEe1NZl8qNkh5yAvo5rVcjhnqJ3bDFguwbVD0qSW7Bh56-TOBq67mIklUrMsS_BGh_rlYiG4_CNCiGaR1iI8YIitm_daiL47O29ZjoSG_pQe9KHKKRjfUoQtoznBfWGZmKEtzOx00WUz1t6a3eTidE6vGIdk4bNd4lh8iDh0hQESJM4bq38pQRpQM5D1AVKoSFPEJ2nvJUJ3QzBSdRoa8bwP0JvmjAinv34DBUEUR-kBhgvHSt-jcflkwBTMaJlAJmxhi1e-tAwlyiSkRuirhMxzsZc7wHcVNqDS16Ai-xJWlIPrnBS7NFBNzqhvfcTzyj9RcY0SudNYW1iHz-meELb_W4A6Tz3YZ3KILlR7bEE3fZown7y-C3hKmyNTBqt-C4zl_AhDZU2SgD7bleQPHNfkQWiSvdDBJ-PavHjogEZDtdpcKvQ1kT4t-xDpfiKSV46hbSzBRdOIZQOo08-2VFzCB-ltwRn8VkU6xaEHksD-n2D_4ysQKLddMv28lDzS6xi-N_vrg1Qm-6QBHQ_iP69bJ3S4szmhtzqSPR33LM_zipTOEnmsn4sgWWvFjMPnoJUPBprD0xiuH0t5bsvPW59N2Opsh8k31YyTEnFQ-ZKpz8-qj1L_nMy42JD_qDh4Xgo=w853-h681-no

Soldato
OP
Hey. Sorry everyone, its been a manic week or so at work with redundancies announced so I haven't had time to breathe.

Absolutely loving the car. I'll be back home later this afternoon and will upload some pics and a video of the digital dash in action.

I'm still getting used to the car but it's everything I imagained and better. Getting 30-31mpg when driving it for work and averaged 25 since picking it up so can't complain about the mpg! The digital dash is excellent and really easy to use / read.

I'll do a more detailed overview later today.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hey. Sorry everyone, its been a manic week or so at work with redundancies announced so I haven't had time to breath!

Absolutely loving the car. I'll be back home later this afternoon and will upload some pics and a video of the digital dash on action.

I'm still getting used to the car but it's everything I imagained and better. Getting 30-31mpg when driving it for work and averaged 25 since picking it up so can't complain about the mpg! The digital dash is excellent and really easy to use / read.

Glad your enjoying it and the dash is a revelation, the super car makers could learn a thing or two as its vastly clearer and gives you the data you want in a drivers car, certainly better than the Performante's digital dash thats for sure.

Soldato
OP
Finally uploaded some pictures! I haven't cleaned it myself properly yet but went via the local hand car washers before taking some photos. The 5.0 badges have also magically re-appeared even though I didn't add them...!

33aayrn.jpg

10idj81.jpg

2yug5xg.jpg

2rrv5ly.jpg

6jq8ef.jpg

8z0fwj.jpg

qrjede.jpg

5y8961.jpg

2ch0qj5.jpg

Engine starting:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhz49g0qb5kfi0s/MVI_3284.MOV?dl=0

Digital dash:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/up64cg2pqlmxeu5/MVI_3283.MOV?dl=0

I've been really pleasantly suprised how easy the car is to drive. I've done about 800 miles in it so far and find it extremely comfortable and handles bumps really well. it's equally an absolute animal when I want it to be :D

Highlights so far:
  • Attracts a lot of attention but in a good way, not had any agro so far which I was a bit worried about but plenty of people wanting to have a look at the car, ask me about it etc. Even on the road people seem to slow down to see it, or flash to let me out
  • MPG is way better than i expected. a 200 mile round trip up and down the A1 with a bit of spirited driving either end and I easily get 30 mpg
  • The sounds - Put the active exhaust into sport/track and it sounds epic! Equally I can set it to automatically start in quiet mode at certain times of the day to look after the neighbours!
  • The speed that it climbs up to 70 is scary! It has twice the BHP of the most powerful car I've owned before this and it certainly feels like it! Just leaving it wet mode and D on the gear box is quick, but changing to S and it's certainly cabable of accellerating quicker than my limits!
  • Android Auto works great, and now I have Waze installed I don't miss the Audi MMI

The things that aren't as great:
  • The adaptive cruise / lane assist isn't a patch on Audi's touring pack, no traffic jam assist and the steering assist on the Audi would drive for you, the Mustang it just randomly jerks the wheel back into the lane
  • The built in entertainment system works fine, has everything you need but it isn't a patch on the Audi MMI in terms of ease of use. I'm glad I'm using Android Auto mainly.
  • Paint - Theres a paint defect just inside the boot (on the rear arch panel), a couple of sections of paint have lifted back to bare metal so I need to get this sorted under the warranty
  • Dashcam location - Because the windscreen is so angled, the dash cam I have looks rediculous. I am looking at getting one with a far slimmer mount

On an unrelated highlight my wife's XC60 was picked up last week for a non-fault insurance repair and the third parties insurer who use Enterprise decided that an equivalent SUV with a large boot was this:

mrxw2c.jpg

A brand new Range Rover Autobiography

I think we got the neighbours talking!!! I was hoping to get some decent pics of the cars together but the Range Rover was picked up on Friday before I had chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My other half did ask me why we were even bothering looking at other cars when she saw my grin getting into the car! Apparently I don't often look that excited :D

Do it! The grin on my face was what convinced me to get the Mustang. It made me feel like a 7 year old again going into Toys R Us to buy the 1:18 scale Ferrari F40 I'd been saving for. I grin ear to ear every time I even look at the car.

Soldato
OP
Looks great and welcome to the club. Strange about the badges as in your original pic they definitely aren't fitted, unless its a photoshop.

Cheers. It is odd and something I only just noticed! When I saw them on the car I assumed I just hadn't noticed them in the first pics, but then I scrolled back to page 1 and checked. I took both sets of pictures so they definitely weren't there when I test drove it (I have pictures of both sides). Also they were originally silver with a red dot when the car was new so the black ones aren't the factory originals.

Soldato
I'm sorry... But did I read that correctly? You had the local hand car wash clean that? Are you totally mad? What the hell is wrong with you?!

Soldato
Lol hand car wash place big nooooo..

Lovely sound, will do a vid of mine, however my iPhone xs max cuts the mic when recording it.

Digital dash is very nice, i honestly thought i wouldn't like it... but i do :D

Now get onto Facebook (if you haven't already) and join the Mustangs Unleashed and Simply Mustangs groups :)

Santa Pod meet on the 28th June, mustangs only day.

Re: the Black badges, they are available from the dealers, they come as standard on the Shadow Edition cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm sorry... But did I read that correctly? You had the local hand car wash clean that? Are you totally mad? What the hell is wrong with you?!

Shame about the local hand wash! Two bucket method only please! :p

The days of having time to always hand wash my car are well behind me unfortunately. I've got a rack full of car cleaning stuff in the garage from the days when I used to wash the cars most weekends but only gets used twice a year now when I wax the cars! I'd love the Mustang to always be hand washed but not when doing 20k-25k miles a year, I've done 800 miles in the car in a week.

Soldato
OP

Lovely sound, will do a vid of mine, however my iPhone xs max cuts the mic when recording it.

Digital dash is very nice, i honestly thought i wouldn't like it... but i do :D

Now get onto Facebook (if you haven't already) and join the Mustangs Unleashed and Simply Mustangs groups :)

Santa Pod meet on the 28th June, mustangs only day.

Re: the Black badges, they are available from the dealers, they come as standard on the Shadow Edition cars.

Cheers will look into the groups on Facebook. Still seems odd that a Volvo garage went to the effort of fitting badges unless they were fitted by the previous owner and just temporarily removed for cleaning or something.

Back
Top Bottom