• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia RTX 5 months on-a win or fail?

Soldato
In isolation RTX cards are a fail. Barely faster than Pascal with unused tech you have to pay for just sitting there idle.

When compared to the competition they are laughably good however ;)

Associate
Performance increase over previous series: Fail
Price: Fail
Real world usefulness of RTX and DLSS: Fail
Overall: Fail

Associate
I've been team green for years but this has to be seen as fail
- poor uptake on rtx/dlss features
- higher than usual failure rates of flagship card
- poor sales particularly of 2080/2070
- general downgrade in chips e.g. 106 chip used in 2070
- massive price increase

Associate
I would be interested to know how many of those here claiming an RTX fail actually own one?

I have a feeling this is more of a price issue rather than anything else. The fact the RTX is priced out of the grasp of many is what i believe to be the sore point. This is just an opinion but as an owner of a 2080ti i can honestly say i am extremely happy with my purchase.

Associate
I would be interested to know how many of those here claiming an RTX fail actually own one?

I have a feeling this is more of a price issue rather than anything else. The fact the RTX is priced out of the grasp of many is what i believe to be the sore point. This is just an opinion but as an owner of a 2080ti i can honestly say i am extremely happy with my purchase.

Price is a pretty big reason to see something as a failure. Price something right and people would be willing to overlook a lot of issues. Mining made pc gaming unaffordable to many, and when that finally died they found nvidia had decided this would be the time to push out some new tech which keeps things at the same price as before, and it's not as if RTX has had a big enough uptake to make it seem worthwhile. That's going to make a lot of people bitter.

Caporegime
The whole high end PC graphics card industry is a massive fail, at a time when PC gaming has declined and console gaming is reaching 4K as standard, astronomical GPU prices is just accelerating the decline.

Soldato
A fail for now, however the jury is still out on RT+DLSS in combination in a game. I think it might be worth it in the next generation of cards as they should be much more powerful.

Soldato

I own an RTX and my comments above are valid RTX is at the moment a bit of a fail. I own one because there is zero competition and after yesterday there even less competition!

Soldato

Well the price performance is a fail for the masses and that's what makes it a fail. Even the low end 2060 is above what would be classed as a mass buying price.

OcUK Staff
Its not been an easy start but now 1080Ti, 1080 are gone and 1070Ti is also practically gone and a just a few straggling 1070's left the RTX range sales wise is certainly picking up especially the 2070's and cheaper 2080's. :)

Caporegime
I gotta say that for the performance you get the 2060 is a pretty decent deal at £320+

I could certainly live with one and still get good fps with Medium settings :)

Back
Top Bottom