• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Man of Honour
Just opened the retail box - and there is the card, and a small quick install guide. That's it. No adapters, cables, driver CD etc. Very bare bones? I got power cable adapters, video adaptors and a driver cd etc with 980ti. Is this how all cards are now?

Yep mines the same but it does have a driver CD. I guess that's what gigabyte are charging the extra £150 for :D

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, the 590 is a great card, and would be a good buy if the 56 wasn't discounted so well. I just think it is a little overpriced. (They started at around 279ish originally on release? Too high. Prices seem to have dropped to 230ish on some)

Soldato
Yep mines the same but it does have a driver CD. I guess that's what gigabyte are charging the extra £150 for :D
Dpd screwed me so hard today first they deliver it to the wrong house and say I'm not in Then after calling they say its coming at the end of the delivery run, now they say its back at the depot and I have to wait till Monday, even though a guy on the phone promised a Saturday delivery of it didn't come today Total joke.

Luckily overclockers are awesome when I called and they sorted it, it will now come tomorrow hopefully

Soldato
Just opened the retail box - and there is the card, and a small quick install guide. That's it. No adapters, cables, driver CD etc. Very bare bones? I got power cable adapters, video adaptors and a driver cd etc with 980ti. Is this how all cards are now?

If its Sapphire then yes. Same with my Vega 64 when I purchased it on release.

I was like "cut backs for such an expensive GPU! Are they that tight now?!?!?!"

Soldato
Dpd screwed me so hard today first they deliver it to the wrong house and say I'm not in Then after calling they say its coming at the end of the delivery run, now they say its back at the depot and I have to wait till Monday, even though a guy on the phone promised a Saturday delivery of it didn't come today Total joke.

Luckily overclockers are awesome when I called and they sorted it, it will now come tomorrow hopefully

Yeh, I've had the old "knocked on door and nobody in" from DPD before.

When I stayed in all day waiting for the delivery.

Soldato
Except those figures are not the actual required VRAM, just what is sitting in VRAM because it is needless to flush out unused memory.

Windows 10 Task manager is supposed to show the correct Vram reading. And at 1440p Resi 2 uses 7.7GB Vram on my VEGA 64. AMD on screen display reads 10+ So I guess that is reading like you said cached ram. If AMD got their numbers from Task manager it could very well be correct.

Caporegime
Windows 10 Task manager is supposed to show the correct Vram reading. And at 1440p Resi 2 uses 7.7GB Vram on my VEGA 64. AMD on screen display reads 10+ So I guess that is reading like you said cached ram. If AMD got their numbers from Task manager it could very well be correct.

Bitwit managed 15 gigs with resident evil :eek:

Associate
This seems to be Ati's attempt at the 5800U.

The 5800 Ultra came out slower and hotter than the good old 9700. Dead in the water.

This card has a good 7nm process but is tied to 16GB of overly expensive memory and so ends up costing the same as it's competitor whilst running a dustblower.....

How things change.

Not that I am an nvidia fanboy. I hoped they would get a real kicking after all the price gouging and other stuff, but not this time it seems. We await Navi, this seems to be an attempt to muscle in as first 7nm and has not really delivered.

For the sake of our wallets I hope Ati nails it soon.

Caporegime

The 5800 Ultra came out slower and hotter than the good old 9700. Dead in the water.

This card has a good 7nm process but is tied to 16GB of overly expensive memory and so ends up costing the same as it's competitor whilst running a dustblower.....

How things change.

Not that I am an nvidia fanboy. I hoped they would get a real kicking after all the price gouging and other stuff, but not this time it seems. We await Navi, this seems to be an attempt to muscle in as first 7nm and has not really delivered.

Not even remotely close to the dustbuster.

Soldato

How things change.

It's not ATI anymore unfortunately, they knew what they were doing.

Soldato
100% agreed, but believe it or not 590 is massively outselling 580 for us, the sales are nothing short of incredible, I think it might be because people perceive the 1060 as better than 580 (it is not) but people truly know the 590 is a slam dunk and is why they buy it as such.

Here in DK the 8gb rx 580 cost about the same as the rx 590. Roughly 20-30 pounds between the cheapest rx 580 and the sapphire nitro 590. I know which one i would pick.

Back
Top Bottom