The Division 2

Soldato
Played for an hour or two this morning, I like it but then I liked the first one too, I like the area and environment I've seen so far and not had any issues at all other than textures being noticeably slow to load at times (stock ps4 with 2tb drive), it's good and runs well but that is to have been expected with the experience Massive/Ubi have from the first game but it's a double edged sword, it's more division so becomes familiar all too quickly. Not sure what is planned for end game after release and how much the game will change going forward but at this point in time Anthem just interests me more even though the demo was terrible in comparison to this beta, I'll end up with both for sure though lmao.

Associate
I played a bit last night and liked it, but likewise I like the first one too. Textures were slow to load (PS4 Pro), but that might just be a beta thing. Could be tempted to pick this up.

Soldato
How does this look on the 1x, the first one is visually stunning with the x enhancements.

Probably about the same then but more colourful as it not all snow (I wouldn't say visually stunning though). It does have some weird stutter, you can be running forward then it pauses and a little later jumps forward. It's supposed to look a lot better than the first but I can't see that really and some of the lighting is a little OTT.

Associate
Shame I like the snow :)

Think I made a mistake, never finished the first so playing through again now.

From what I can gather 2 is more of the same. Although not a bad thing but spending all these hours on 1 and then playing 2 might be to much of the same thing. So yeah I may have made a mistake playing 1 so close to this games release.

Soldato
2 is more like a 1.5 IMO, the city is missing something that made the first one feel tense and atmospheric, I didn't notice any random NPC's walking about looking for food, very few patrols of enemies, and less noise from radios/tvs in the buildings.

Overall it looked nice, and ran well on the X, but for me, I'll wait until its in a sale.

Associate
2 is more like a 1.5 IMO, the city is missing something that made the first one feel tense and atmospheric, I didn't notice any random NPC's walking about looking for food, very few patrols of enemies, and less noise from radios/tvs in the buildings.

Overall it looked nice, and ran well on the X, but for me, I'll wait until its in a sale.

I know exactly what you mean, it lacked atmosphere and with maybe a little more noise form the city/area you are in that would change. I had a few issues with sound the occasional kick back to the desktop but it is beta I suppose. Like you I ran this on my Xbox X and the graphics were awsome. day 1 purchase for me!

Associate
Just started downloading the open beta on PSN to give this a try over the weekend. Didn't get a chance to try the closed beta. Hopefully should make me decide whether to pick this up or not. I previously decided to pass on this, but don't really have a decent game on the go at the minute!

Soldato
Open Beta now open, annoyingly (but understandably) any progress from the closed beta is wiped. Does mean I can start over with my mate who didn't bother with the closed one though, hopefully there'll be some noticeable improvement and polish since then.

Caporegime
Played an hour of the open Beta, unconvinced. It just feels like much of the same, understandably, the concern I have is the first got stale real quick at max level.

Didn’t help that the game was a mess on release mind, so many exploits.

Soldato
I enjoyed my time with the closed beta (can't be bothered repeating it all over again, and then again in the full game), but it doesn't feel quite as immersive as the first one. The narrative was nothing special the first time around, but this one feels less grounded. The attention to detail in the world is excellent once again, hopefully they'll be more variety in the indoor locations you can explore as the map opens up.

The voice acting is a bit rubbish, the various recordings you could collect in TD1 were well-made but the script and delivery of the ones I've heard in the beta are naff.

Got it pre-ordered from ShopTo for £42.50 the other day which I'm happy with, given game prices recently seem to be on the rise. Amazon clearly aren't interested in competing these days, they want £60 for their "exclusive" standard edition.

Back
Top Bottom