• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** HIGH-END 2080TI's NOW IN STOCK: STRIX, TRIO, LIGHTNING, AORUS, WATER-COOLED ALL IN STOCK!!! ***

Soldato
These prices are crazy, but OCUK are amazing when it come to gfx card deals and customer service. If it were not for their amazing customer service, i would have been stuck with a 2080ti Auorus garbage.

DO NOT BUT 2080TI AORUS, ITS GARBAGE. sorry for the shouts.

If you want to buy, EVGA 2080TI XC 3 Ultra, easily one of the best cards.

But honestly buy a vega 54 and wait for new cards priced better.

I wiah AMD would stop flogging a dead horse and release a good card that competes, until AMD releases such a card we are going for a ride at the nvidia funfair.

Last edited:
Associate
Words fail me!
Anyone who'd pay £1.5-2k for a GPU when you can buy a very nice GPU for £500 and then have at least a grand for a holiday, definitely needs to get out more!

That holiday is one-time only. Those frames are going to stay with you for a long time :D

Associate
These prices are crazy, but OCUK are amazing when it come to gfx card deals and customer service. If it were not for their amazing customer service, i would have been stuck with a 2080ti Auorus garbage.

DO NOT BUT 2080TI AORUS, ITS GARBAGE. sorry for the shouts.

If you want to buy, EVGA 2080TI XC 3 Ultra, easily one of the best cards.

But honestly buy a vega 54 and wait for new cards priced better.

I wiah AMD would stop flogging a dead horse and release a good card that competes, until AMD releases such a card we are going for a ride at the nvidia funfair.

Why is the AORUS so bad?

Caporegime
Looks like you can buy the MSI else where in stock for cheaper :eek:

Said that a few pages back, the rationale for 2k was no stock in competitors, but there is in another place. Stupid price for a card that's probably not gonna clock better than any others.

Soldato
Why is the AORUS so bad?

Bad BAD BAD BAD thermals, i mean like 85C-89C bad, the card would throttle down. The EVGA ultra 3 2080TI hold 60C at 100% load. It would make the temp on my NVME drives shoot up fast. So had to remove NVME for normal SSD while testing. Touching the side of my case would hurt your hands, you were lucky to hold it there for 5 seconds.

BAD software that keeps resetting and was causing me some kind of stuttering in games every 10-15 min. It was the software because once i removed it it would fix it. The software would also keep resetting my ram led. The software would also reset the LED to default RED randomly. The software would also keep randomly reset after each shutdown. Their temp monitoring software would also cause INSTANT PC shutdown, to be fair this was more a problem with the ASUS crosshari vii. Any software which attempted to read the temperature from the motherboard chip would cause instantaneously shutdown.

The led lights on some of them are different brightness depending on which angle you looked at them. So from front two were bright and one was dim, move off angle and the other two became dim and the dim one became bright. It was to do with the way the LED lights were inserted in the fan mechanism.

The third issue, is the cheap plastic used, it would have these stains on the card which really showed up under LED lighting in my case, normally lighting were not too bad but under case lighting OMG. They look liked plastic marks from the moulding process.

The middle fan is garbage and sometime would spin much slower than the other two fans.

Its a bad product.

Soldato
Why is the AORUS so bad?

Agreed with most. I tried one and pretty much a little cooler than FE but just as loud if not louder. Middle fan had really bad resonating sound that I couldn’t stand.

Also felt really cheap quality just like the 1080Ti version. FE and my recent EVGA XC ultra felt much more premium in comparison.

Caporegime
its a skeleton

42802569bfd7585.jpg

:D:D:D

Associate
I quickly got over my shriek of what £2000.
I accept there are people for whom money is no object and just want the best (if it is).
But if I was thinking of that money for a GPU I think I would just go the bit extra and get an RTX Titan.

Last edited:
Soldato
I quickly got over my shriek of what £2000.
I accept there are people for whom money is no object and just want the best.
But if I was thinking of that money for a GPU I think I would just go the bit extra and get an RTX Titan.

No problem I will pay £2400 for that card

But

will this card last me 2-3 years at 4k, highly unlikely. The card can just about do 4k at 60 frames on new titles, games over the next few yeard will grind it down below 60frames and lets not talk about RTX enabled. For £2400 i want 120 frames at 4k with rtx enabled then i would pay for that card.

Soldato
WHAT??? A guy bought MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lighting for £2000? :eek::o

giphy.gif

Oh dear, poor guy just bought MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lighting with 11GB GDDR6 for a frigging £2000! That guy would better off buy a more powerful Titan RTX with 24GB GDDR6 for £2399 which is £400 more with extra 13GB RAM. :o

Soldato
I'm not rich, but I've gone 780, 780ti, 980, 980ti, 1080, 1080ti, 2080ti (in the past those jumps costs were small when you sell the previous things).
If you're an oodles of money enthusiast I don't think you look to buy a GPU for 2 to 3 years of use.

The point i was trying to make is that i dont mind if they charge more only IF and big IF the performance is there. Unfortunately the performance is not there, neither with the 2080ti or RTX Titan which is terrible value for money. Even if i had loads if money I dont want to throw it dowb the drain. RTX titan is not even 10% faster than 2080ti and just has more ram but costs 2x more. Thats terrible value for money as a Gamer. I appreciate the RTX is aimed at professionals.

Last edited:
Soldato
Even if i had loads if money I dont want to throw it dowb the drain.

I'm agreement with the above.

I'm a PC/tech enthusiast, I've been building computers for the last 35 years, for me part of the fun is building a "best bang for buck" system. To be honest most of the time once I've built that new system I hardly use it or most of it's capabilities, the fun was in the selection and the build.

Intel and Nvidia have taken that and just throw in down the toilet for me, their productions are so vastly overpriced for the performance they offer it almost laughable, I wouldn't by them out of principle. This now makes me lean towards AMD for any new purchase, just to support their rivals, can you imagine what AMD/Intel would charge if AMD wasn't on the scene. I love the fact the AMD CPU division is in the ascendance. they're really sticking it to Intel (who have been massively complacent for years), my next CPU will probably be a AMD Ryzen 3000 or maybe one of their HEDT parts if I'm feeling saucy (I have no real need for HEDT but it's just cool, I have the cash but my "bang for buck" itch means it will probably be Ryzen 3000).

I already own a Vega64 and for me "that's enough", until I replace my UW monitor will something than can do 144hz an upgrade of my GPU is pretty pointless, certainly for the number of games/time I play, I'm might jump into Vega 7 once there is an AIO option or just wait to see what Navi brings.

HEADRAT

Associate
The point i was trying to make is that i dont mind if they charge more only IF and big IF the performance is there. Unfortunately the performance is not there, neither with the 2080ti or RTX Titan which is terrible value for money. Even if i had loads if money I dont want to throw it dowb the drain. RTX titan is not even 10% faster than 2080ti and just has more ram but costs 2x more. Thats terrible value for money as a Gamer. I appreciate the RTX is aimed at professionals.

This is a perfectly sensible PoV if you're gonna ask upwards of 1K for a GPU then basically show me the results that justify that price or sod right off. Nvidia have imho tried to market their way into that price bracket and put simply they haven't delivered the goods. Really quite cross they've taken that position it just shows how they treat their market and customers as cash cows and it will bite them in the backside sooner or later. I don't mind paying for quality I do mind being ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom