*** HIGH-END 2080TI's NOW IN STOCK: STRIX, TRIO, LIGHTNING, AORUS, WATER-COOLED ALL IN STOCK!!! ***

Soldato
I wish people would stop complaining about the price. When the next Nvidia GPU gets released at £2500+ a card everyone will realise just what a bargain these are :p

and I'll still have my 980 Ti and 1080 Ti which both cost less than one of the premium 2080Ti GPUs added together!

Still I would buy a 2080Ti around a grand but it's not enough of an increase to tempt me yet.

Soldato
It is a beautiful looking card, just cannot justify that price especially considering how small a performance bump you get over the previous gen for that price.

Associate
Fingers crossed they pull their heads out of the clouds for the next generation of cards and these are an absolute joke for how small an increase they are over a 1080ti.

Soldato
I wish people would stop complaining about the price. When the next Nvidia GPU gets released at £2500+ a card everyone will realise just what a bargain these are :p
No I just see what a rip off PC gaming has become and stick with older hardware, I've said this before about the old Titan being a max of £999 and the HD 7970/R9 290 being at the most £400-£500 even with mining driving prices up, Ryzen has helped lower CPU prices, I'll just buy older cards from now on, or lower settings, 1080ti can be had at a reasonable price still. nVidia wonder why their stocks are dropping, how about stop releasing overpriced garbage.

Soldato
i'd say theres probably a £300 gouge on the strix card,

retails for 1350 dollars with 2 freee games in the US atm or nigh on £1000.

plus vat is £1200 kinda difficult to justify an additional 25% markup because we're in the UK.

nvidia taking the pee with pricing retailers smelling blood and taking a chance to add a few quid on who knows.
not that long ago the £1500 cost of one GPU would get you a full well specced rig capable of playing current AAA titles smoothly.

people will most likely point out and say well if you dont like it dont buy it, and no i wont and i'm in the fortunate position where i can buy hardware and claim the costs back
personally i'd be tempted to build a complete vega 64 crossfire rig for the same money.

but you know its each to their own. and we all have our own little indulgences Gibbo if the price drops to £550 i'm tempted :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

If a forum member wants a Lightning card by the way I would do them at £1500 inc, of course 1 per customer, the price online shall stay at £1999.99 simply as it brings a lot of traffic and over the weekend we've sold over 50 of the Strix cards because of vastly increased traffic in the section. :)

Any forum member interested needs to post in CS linking to this thread, so they have to be a member. :)

Associate
I thought with bitcoin falling on its backside some common sense would return. How wrong I was. I’ll be sticking with my 1080ti for a couple of years at this rate.

Associate
In the process of building my first PC since my 08 OCUK purchase. Last piece of the puzzle, the GPU. 4K and VR so 1080ti (if I can get one) or RTX 2080 / ti are the ones on the list.

Painful prices, but as I’m starting from scratch, I guess the 2080ti is the way to go :eek:

Soldato
£2,000 for a GPU? Holy mother of god. I still can't agree with pricing when I got a 1080ti for less than £700 near release. Absolutely bonkers increase.
Ah just do what I'm doing and buy second hand, screw supporting this kind of pricing on nGreedia, hopefully AMD will be back within the next 5 years, until then just stick with older hardware, 1080ti used looks nice :)

In the process of building my first PC since my 08 OCUK purchase. Last piece of the puzzle, the GPU. 4K and VR so 1080ti (if I can get one) or RTX 2080 / ti are the ones on the list.

Painful prices, but as I’m starting from scratch, I guess the 2080ti is the way to go :eek:
Get 1000 posts, go onto MM :)

Back
Top Bottom