Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I really need to wash my bus (Alhambra) as it's minging. But it is so damn cold out there, and with it being forecast to snow in the next couple of days here I can't see much point as it will be filthy again after the first drive.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Doesn't look like it is.

I might try the Adams Polishes or Chemical guys snow foam.

I used the Gyeon Foam recently but it was expensive and it didn't work as well as I thought it would for the price. Maybe I wasn't using enough.
chemical guys maxi suds is good and thick...but its also a bit about the lance

autobrite lance has been excellent...the stuff thats gets bundled with pressure washers is usually rubbish

Soldato
chemical guys maxi suds is good and thick...but its also a bit about the lance

autobrite lance has been excellent...the stuff thats gets bundled with pressure washers is usually rubbish
I’ve ordered some of the cherry flavour Maxi Suds II and a 1.1mm orifice for the foam cannon. I’m using a $20 foam cannon so maybe that’s why I’m not seeing good results.

Soldato
I’ve ordered some of the cherry flavour Maxi Suds II and a 1.1mm orifice for the foam cannon. I’m using a $20 foam cannon so maybe that’s why I’m not seeing good results.

Nothing to do with the lance. My £12 lance produces perfectly thick foam. Avalanche and Magifoam at normal dilution rates will dwell for 12 mins.

More likely down to concentration, might be worth calculating the flow through of the your pressure washer through the mixing bottle to get a more accurate conc.

Soldato
Has anyone tried Gyeon Q2M Wet Coat?

I have washed the car tonight, sprayed this on and I am amazed. It seems to have provided amazing protection for such little effort (spray on + rinse off). Better than a spray wax or even a paste wax it would seem.

I’m more curious to how it works more than anything.

Will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Man of Honour
I've recently put CanCoat on my car and will be following it up with Cure and WetCoat (alternating), initial impressions of CanCoat are extremely positive. So easy to apply and looks superb, you can see the sort of protection it's giving too.

Would highly recommend it for anyone who doesn't want a full blown coating, but something easier and almost as good (aside from the shorter durability).

Associate
I’ve just had gen-3 glasscoat applied to my my has anyone had any experiences with it?
Anyway my trusty karchar has sprung a leak can anyone recommend a decent pressure washer that I could use along side with magifoam with lance or does the magifoam lance fit all pressure washers?

I ask because I’ve been recommended to use the gen-3 shampoo which is £13 for a small bottle.

Soldato
I’ve just had gen-3 glasscoat applied to my my has anyone had any experiences with it?
Anyway my trusty karchar has sprung a leak can anyone recommend a decent pressure washer that I could use along side with magifoam with lance or does the magifoam lance fit all pressure washers?

I ask because I’ve been recommended to use the gen-3 shampoo which is £13 for a small bottle.
Different pressure washers use different attachments, but the lances are generic (they just need the right adaptor). I'd recommend a Nilfisk of some sort. Much cheaper than Karcher but don't seem any less good in my experience. It will require a new adaptor on the snowfoam lance.

Man of Honour

I have washed the car tonight, sprayed this on and I am amazed. It seems to have provided amazing protection for such little effort (spray on + rinse off). Better than a spray wax or even a paste wax it would seem.

Gyeon products in general are the best out there by miles IMO. Their foam is just amazing.

Bathe+ as a shampoo, leaves a good hydrophobic coating on there that lasts a week or so.

Wet Coat is just something else though. As you say, so easy to apply (although I do a quick spread of it with a detailing mit before rinsing it off). Much better than the other sprays I’ve used.

I switched to Wet Coat Essence which is a concentrated version of it, which you dilute yourself. A strong mix of that will last a good few months.

Caporegime

Wait? just spray on, then rinse off with a hose? You don't even need to wipe it off?

Is this to do on top of the wax layer? Say you wax every 3 months and use this between washes.

Soldato
Gyeon products in general are the best out there by miles IMO. Their foam is just amazing.

Bathe+ as a shampoo, leaves a good hydrophobic coating on there that lasts a week or so.

Wet Coat is just something else though. As you say, so easy to apply (although I do a quick spread of it with a detailing mit before rinsing it off). Much better than the other sprays I’ve used.

I switched to Wet Coat Essence which is a concentrated version of it, which you dilute yourself. A strong mix of that will last a good few months.

I bought bathe+ too, and agree it leaves a hydrophobic coating.

However the suds didn't really transfer to the wash mitt despite the bucket appearing to have plenty of suds. A little off putting...though I know suds don't make a great shampoo. Maybe I didn't use enough of it.

EDIT: @Raymond Lin rinse with a pressure washer (it said this on the bottle). No wiping, you just rinse off then dry the car off. I applied it one panel at a time, then rinse that panel and move onto the next panel.

Caporegime
I bought bathe+ too, and agree it leaves a hydrophobic coating.

However the suds didn't really transfer to the wash mitt despite the bucket appearing to have plenty of suds. A little off putting...though I know suds don't make a great shampoo. Maybe I didn't use enough of it.

EDIT: @Raymond Lin rinse with a pressure washer (it said this on the bottle).

Okay, thanks, but the idea is just spray this all over, then rinse it off?

Like, totally no need to touch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom