Barcelona - stag do

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Looking for some suggestions for activities and good bars / nightclubs to go to in Barcelona.

Arriving Saturday 9th March 10:30AM and leaving Monday 11 March 10:30AM. There's 8 of us going. I was looking at doing out door karting to start but I think everyone wants to start drinking in the morning so that's out :p

Any suggestions? I almost booked the football for the Sunday but the warning of the date possibly changing put me off?

Man of Honour
Barcelona is such a wonderful city.

I organised a stag trip in Lisbon and there were two ‘organised activities’ (besides a rather elaborate Eurovision based fancy dress):

Private city tour on electric bikes (as in, a proper sight seeing)
Hired a catamaran with captain. That was ace! Might be a bit cold in March though.

Both went down really well, as far as I know. Unless you are the lad-iest of lads, you do need some things to soften up relentless drinking. We took lots of beers in the boat.

IMHO, you can go go-karting anywhere. Might as well make the most of what’s there. A good tour of tapas things is surely availible in somewhere like Barcelona.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
OP
Barcelona is such a wonderful city.

I organised a stag trip in Lisbon and there were two ‘organised activities’ (besides a rather elaborate Eurovision based fancy dress):

Private city tour on electric bikes (as in, a proper sight seeing)
Hired a catamaran with captain. That was ace! Might be a bit cold in March though.

Both went down really well, as far as I know. Unless you are the lad-iest of lads, you do need some things to soften up relentless drinking. We took lots of beers in the boat.

IMHO, you can go go-karting anywhere. Might as well make the most of what’s there. A good tour of tapas things is surely availible in somewhere like Barcelona.

Excellent ideas, thank you. Although you're right that it might be a bit cold in March for the catamaran. Just found a beer bike tour which seems like a pretty good activity, anyone done one of these in Barcelona?

Man of Honour
Excellent ideas, thank you. Although you're right that it might be a bit cold in March for the catamaran. Just found a beer bike tour which seems like a pretty good activity, anyone done one of these in Barcelona?
I’ve never done a ‘beer bike’ as such, in fact I took the executive decision to not do it on a stag do twice (best man twice and both times attendees suggested it as a potential activity).

Ehhhh I don’t know...... the beer sounds very amusing on paper but you’ve got to factor when is it going to happen. Are you going to do it the day you get there (when everyone is a bit miffed off from the travelling and doesn’t want to run out the hotel as soon as you get there), or the day after you’ve had an aggressive night out? IMO a electric bike tour is ideal for late morning / noon after the first night mischief. It’s easy peasy with the motors and there’s plenty of silliness to be had with zooming around fairly recklessly / hungover. Plus you actually see bits of where you are going to be. Helps if you have a guide that’s a laugh and gets in on the bantz.

I’m massively biased of course! I know a couple of people that have found the beer bikes a good laugh :)

Man of Honour
Oh! I should add - you will never please everyone on a stag do. There will always unfortunately be people that whine slightly as nobody likes being ‘micro managed’ and it’s their time too. Do the best you can and take all the organising jibes on the chin. The stag will appreciate the efforts!

VTR

VTR

Soldato
OP
Oh! I should add - you will never please everyone on a stag do. There will always unfortunately be people that whine slightly as nobody likes being ‘micro managed’ and it’s their time too. Do the best you can and take all the organising jibes on the chin. The stag will appreciate the efforts!

Thanks for this! First time being a best man and it's bit daunting and has been pretty stressful so far, just getting the dates and choosing destinations was hard enough trying to please everyone! Doesn't help I'm organsing a home stag in Bristol for 15-20 of us and an away in Barcelona for 8 of us :)

VTR

VTR

Soldato
OP
I’ve never done a ‘beer bike’ as such, in fact I took the executive decision to not do it on a stag do twice (best man twice and both times attendees suggested it as a potential activity).

Ehhhh I don’t know...... the beer sounds very amusing on paper but you’ve got to factor when is it going to happen. Are you going to do it the day you get there (when everyone is a bit miffed off from the travelling and doesn’t want to run out the hotel as soon as you get there), or the day after you’ve had an aggressive night out? IMO a electric bike tour is ideal for late morning / noon after the first night mischief. It’s easy peasy with the motors and there’s plenty of silliness to be had with zooming around fairly recklessly / hungover. Plus you actually see bits of where you are going to be. Helps if you have a guide that’s a laugh and gets in on the bantz.

I’m massively biased of course! I know a couple of people that have found the beer bikes a good laugh :)

I think Saturday is going to be

Check in Hotel (midday ish)
Light tapas
Beer Bike
Ice Bar
Pubs
Private meal with strip
Nightclub

Sunday

More of an open day with sightseeing, there will only be 6 of us for the Sunday. The bike ride sounds perfect for this around midday to clear our heads ;)

Soldato
We did a treasure hunt, it was OK, not amazing (then again how amazing would it be?) but good way to see local things you might miss.

Caporegime
Completely subjective option but I'd ditch the beer bike thing, I've seen them a few times in various cities and it always makes me cringe a little. They're always blaring out loud music and you'll be drawing attention to yourselves as a group of brits abroad on a stag do in a place where the locals hates groups of brits abroad on a stag do.

Also, watch out for your wallets later on in the night when you're staggering about trying to get back to your hotel, you'll be perfect targets for the pick pockets and hugger muggers in that city.

Sunday

More of an open day with sightseeing, there will only be 6 of us for the Sunday. The bike ride sounds perfect for this around midday to clear our heads ;)

Given that you've mentioned people are starting drinking in the morning on the Saturday and it is a stag do I'd be wary about booking anything for midday the next day.

Even afternoon activities can be a bit of a farce if some people can't handle their drink or don't know their limits.

I remember on one stag do I went on a few years ago there was some rugby player who was making plenty of comments about his drinking prowess, how much beer they drank in his rugby club etc... it was like he felt the need to prove something - we got quite hammered on the Friday night and he was violently ill, didn't come out of his room all day Saturday and was a write off for most of Sunday too. :D

Back
Top Bottom