Has your handwriting deteriorated since primarily using computers?

Soldato
My handwriting has changed at all really, it's still as terrible now as it was back at school. Looks like a spider has walked through an inkwell and then had an epileptic seizure on the page.

Associate
I've got pretty decent handwriting so I like to maintain it - I have noticed that a lot of people I've worked with over the last few years have shocking handwriting, so much to the point that it isn't legible and my 4 year old niece writes better!

Man of Honour
My handwriting hasn't changed in over 50 years but there's one thing that annoys me, if I'm handwriting I never spell 'the' wrong but every time I use a keyboard I always spell it 'teh' and no matter how I may go slow when typing, it is still wrong when I look up.
I have no idea how I can overcome this because it annoys the hell out of me.

Soldato
I write loads every day as I have to fill out job sheets, so I've not noticed any difference. I have noticed the type of pen I use can massively impact the legibility of my handwriting though lol.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Yes terrible, I often make mistakes when writing also , almost like I'm having to concentrate too much and often miss out letters even though I know how to spell the word.

Caporegime
Oh definitely, mine has suffered due to computers, tablets and smartphones.

Never had great handwriting as it is but whenever I have to write something, I can barely understand what I’ve written let alone anyone else lol.

It’s like people say the art of conversation has died with smartphones but also the art of handwriting has died due to computers, tablets and smartphones.

Soldato
ive never been that neat a writer but yes my handwriting is pretty terrible now. i'm on a computer all day.
when i've to write more than a few words it shocks me how lazy i am. my rsi kicks in if i've to write more than a few lines
anyone learn 'joint writing' in school? the old muscle memory of it is still there actually, i'm a doodler and always write things in joint on my jot pad

Soldato
I found some old music theory test/practice papers from 1991 at my parents a few months ago...... was shocked at how neat it was compared to now, try to make an effort anytime I'm writing now but need to go so slow to make it neat......so just end up scribbling the usual semi legible nonsense most of the time

Soldato
My handwriting hasn't changed in over 50 years but there's one thing that annoys me, if I'm handwriting I never spell 'the' wrong but every time I use a keyboard I always spell it 'teh' and no matter how I may go slow when typing, it is still wrong when I look up.
I have no idea how I can overcome this because it annoys the hell out of me.

just sit there typing the word 'the' until you can't get it wrong....your muscle memory must think it's teh!
start of just doing th then he, then the....

Soldato
My handwriting has never been handwriting so to speak. Kind of funny how teachers try to get you to do joined up writing and as soon as I started my career or was a no no to do joined up. Block capitals is preferred but anything extremely easy to read is fine.
I mostly use a computer to print documents out to then hand write on them.

Back
Top Bottom