Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Tempted by a pair of these or the Bose QC35 IIs, but mainly for gym / workout uses. I know they're not designed for it, but my current wired earphones aren't very useful for most things and never tried wireless earphones - I've always found headphones more comfortable.

I picked up a cheap pair of JBL 500BT for the gym, obviously not high fidelity though :)

Soldato
Just had a Virgin Pure Water T6 installed....so far I'm very impressed with it!
Hot and cold filtered water from one machine at the touch of a button!

6zseoj.jpg

Soldato
I’ve got some cheap Philips ones. They’re ok, but I feel they lack a bit in audio quality when watching a movie. I’ll have a look at the Sennheiser’s. Can I get a decent pair for about £100?

For around £100 I'd get a pair of DT990 Pros (£101 to be exact). Sennheiser are also excellent but you need to spend a little more to get a comparable set imo.

Caporegime
You can buy the machine upfront for £450 but then have to buy replacement filters and UV lamps or pay £19.99 per month for a 12 month rolling contract with replacement filters and descaler every 6 months and UV lamp every 12. £39.99 instllation too.
At first I thought £20 a month was a lot for water, but then I realised that I probably spend around £30 a month on bottled water now.

Soldato
You can buy the machine upfront for £450 but then have to buy replacement filters and UV lamps or pay £19.99 per month for a 12 month rolling contract with replacement filters and descaler every 6 months and UV lamp every 12. £39.99 instllation too.
It's the filters I'm wary of, boiling tap seems cheap enough but annual filters soon go over that cost.

Soldato
At first I thought £20 a month was a lot for water, but then I realised that I probably spend around £30 a month on bottled water now.

Well if you want 2 months rental free then there's a customer referral program and I can trust you the code over? No issue if not and you can find similar 2 month codes from other people with them too.

Soldato
It's the filters I'm wary of, boiling tap seems cheap enough but annual filters soon go over that cost.

That was one of the reasons we took the monthly rental option. No need to worry about the replacement consumable items plus you can upgrade the machine if you fancy a change of model and they will come and de-install it if you move home

Caporegime
It replaces that too, we were previously using a Breville One Cup for tea making but the virgin pure is much hotter than that! Obviously it depends on your use case but for us it's a perfect replacement for filtered cold water and our one cup
I’m definitely interested. I take it that it’s properly plumbed in. I’m just worried about how tricky the installation will be.

Soldato
I’m definitely interested. I take it that it’s properly plumbed in. I’m just worried about how tricky the installation will be.
The installer came along plugged it in and drilled through the work top, running the water line to the cold water feed under our sink he added a new T Piece and shut off valve.
The installation FAQ'a are here https://virginpure.com/customer-support/frequently-asked-questions/installation/
Needs to be within 1.5m of plug and 10m of water, ours is above the washing machine, next to the sink.

Caporegime
These kind of noise cancelling wireless headphones comes into their own if you do a lot of public transport commuting. It blocks out everything and let you zone out. I drive to work so never use them apart from when I go on the plane. That’s where they are indispensable as the Sony has the best noise cancelling and even if you don’t play any music it does a great job of blocking out the engine and cabin noise.

Yep have to agree, I just got back from a few weeks out in Australia and I pretty much just used the noise cancelling on my Sony XM3s. Stupidly good at blocking everything out and they almost lasted me the whole flight there. I compared them to the wifeys Bose QC35’s and they were utterly crap...gave me a headache after awhile. Told the wifey to chuck them away, I’ve bought her a pair of xm3’s as she prefers them over the Bose.

Soldato
Just had a Virgin Pure Water T6 installed....so far I'm very impressed with it!
Hot and cold filtered water from one machine at the touch of a button!

6zseoj.jpg

Looks interesting but think it will struggle against my Breville one-cup and separate Brita water filter jug for cost efficiency.

Probably more worthwhile if you have a bigger household with more people using it.

Back
Top Bottom