• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** HIGH-END 2080TI's NOW IN STOCK: STRIX, TRIO, LIGHTNING, AORUS, WATER-COOLED ALL IN STOCK!!! ***

Soldato
Usually approve of what Gibbo says but I feel the line of priced not to sell is utter ********.

Course you want them to sell your a business, it's disgusting prices but hell loons are buying them so it's proving to business and nvidia that these prices are okay.

I won't ever pay these obscene prices even if I had the money to, £350 I paid for my 1070 is what I consider a high end gpu to be worth end of the day there a graphics card

Of course 1080 and above all better cards but the difference on quality is not enough to justify the extra cost imo

Associate
Usually approve of what Gibbo says but I feel the line of priced not to sell is utter ********.

Course you want them to sell your a business, it's disgusting prices but hell loons are buying them so it's proving to business and nvidia that these prices are okay.

I won't ever pay these obscene prices even if I had the money to, £350 I paid for my 1070 is what I consider a high end gpu to be worth end of the day there a graphics card

Of course 1080 and above all better cards but the difference on quality is not enough to justify the extra cost imo
Yep,
They have learned with GPUs that if they control the stock they can price it how they want. Whether the low stock is real or artificial who knows. And this goes right back to source (Nvidia/amd) not just the stores selling. The ignorant people buying because they want it now are justifying these crazy prices.
It's not even as if there is anything worth playing with all this expensive hardware, devs have stuck their fingers up at PC gamers too, DX12 is a mess in most games,BF5 has no dedicated servers plus it's pure muck. Roll on next gen consoles and leave the fat wallets to prop up the extortionate GPU market.

Soldato
Agreed and I think the sentiment of people is changing, I think both manufactures and retailers need to be really careful that they don't kill the "Golden Goose".

There seems to be almost a "*** YOU!" sentiment, that "you people" will pay anything for the "fodder" that is churned out, that we should be "grateful" when a product even becomes available (but you will always have to pay through the nose for wanting it) and that you're some kind of "miracle worker" when you strike a good deal because of the amount of volume you shift.

Apple has done the same with the iPhone, the prices have gone up and up, unfortunately for Apple there are now many more competitors is there segment of the market, unfortunately the same can’t be said for the GPU market

Last edited:
Associate
I miss the good old days £550 for a 980 Ti the absolute most I've spent is £719 on an evga 1080 Ti and that was tough! These prices are insane 'only and '£1999.99' don't go together.

Could build a top spec system with a 2070 for half the cost and have a grand to go on holiday. People need to get out more if they're spending this sort of money on a GPU

Associate
Could build a top spec system with a 2070 for half the cost and have a grand to go on holiday.
And that is the beauty, people can spend 1k on a top spec system and be happy, what's the problem?

People need to get out more if they're spending this sort of money on a GPU
I'd say the opposite is true, if someone dropped 2k on a gpu you'd hope they'd spend some time indoors enjoying their purchase :p

It's the same waffle about pricing that has been going on for years! People pay their money based upon what they are prepared to spend. I see very few people justifying the prices and saying it's awesome spending between 1 and 2k for the best gaming gpus around. We'd all like the very top end to be £600 or tbh much much less but that's not where we find ourselves.

Soldato
£2k is a lot however the card is £1400 elsewhere. Although sure £1099 is a lot for the NV FE agreed.

Sure they are expensive but no need to demean those who have made the justification to buy one. Buy one and enjoy it as i and others have done, or sit back and whinge about the pricing and at those who have spent their money on one it seems...

We all have our own justification (on whatever tier of component we buy) and lets face it we all have a hobby and an interest otherwise none of us would be on this forum in the first place. I mean there are a couple of people here who have two of these cards, two titans, £2000+ CPU's? Down to a personal choice, no one says you have to buy one.

Associate
£2k is a lot however the card is £1400 elsewhere. Although sure £1099 is a lot for the NV FE agreed.

Sure they are expensive but no need to demean those who have made the justification to buy one. Buy one and enjoy it as i and others have done, or sit back and whinge about the pricing and at those who have spent their money on one it seems...

We all have our own justification (on whatever tier of component we buy) and lets face it we all have a hobby and an interest otherwise none of us would be on this forum in the first place. I mean there are a couple of people here who have two of these cards, two titans, £2000+ CPU's? Down to a personal choice, no one says you have to buy one.

Be that as it may, it does indirectly affect those who don't buy in some way since Nvidia knows they can get away with prices, and will continue to overprice their cards for generations to come.

Back
Top Bottom