• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
To be fair to AMD though all the reviews did mention the fan noise. Undervolting is an extra - I'm pretty sure they don't tell you that you have to do it to get the card running. So not sure why you feel short changed ?

That's like me buying a graphics card and random person 1 on the forum has it and can oc it by 400 Mhz and mine overclocks to 200 Mhz and sending it back as its not fit for purpose.
No it is nothing like that
Undervolting 140mv and have a cooler faster running quieter card versus one you cannot touch at all or games crash and is too loud to hear over and so hot it throttles, is a variance in product quality.

Soldato
Also you don't spend 650 on an amd card to just never be able to touch it or it crashes.. ..

To be fair to AMD though all the reviews did mention the fan noise. Undervolting is an extra - I'm pretty sure they don't tell you that you have to do it to get the card running. So not sure why you feel short changed ?

That's like me buying a graphics card and random person 1 on the forum has it and can oc it by 400 Mhz and mine overclocks to 200 Mhz and sending it back as its not fit for purpose.

Associate
I’d be interested if people could share their cards default and optimal discovered settings so far for comparison.

I’ll start, haven’t really been able to get any extra juice out of mine, even keeping default clock and only increasing power limit or memory speed reduces my time spy score, however it does undervolt like a dream so it’s nice and quiet for me.

Sapphire

Clock speed 1802
Voltage 1038mv

Optimal
Clock speed 1802
Voltage 915mv

When running heaven with either of these settings the frequency actually seems to sit around the 1750 mark.

Soldato
I’d be interested if people could share their cards default and optimal discovered settings so far for comparison.

I’ll start, haven’t really been able to get any extra juice out of mine, even keeping default clock and only increasing power limit or memory speed reduces my time spy score, however it does undervolt like a dream so it’s nice and quiet for me.

Sapphire

Clock speed 1802
Voltage 1038mv

Optimal
Clock speed 1802
Voltage 915mv

When running heaven with either of these settings the frequency actually seems to sit around the 1750 mark.

Sapphire
Default - 1800
1061mv

Optimal - 1800
980mv benchmarks
1061mv games

Press the auto overclock memory button
1800 core
1150 hbm

8931 in timespy

Man of Honour
Sapphire
Default - 1800
1061mv

Optimal - 1800
980mv benchmarks
1061mv games

Press the auto overclock memory button
1800 core
1150 hbm

8931 in timespy

Im not sure we can count the default, mine varies reboot to reboot. Ive had defaults as low as 1037 rebooted reset the driver and im at 1111mv.

My "actual" clocks with the memory button thing though is
1771 core
1235 hbm

Associate
Vince what's your Threadripper running? CPU score is quite low for Timespy:

unknown.png

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4768602

Soldato
Sure you aren't getting performance regressions with higher HBM clocks?

I get a timespy graphics score of 8957, at stock gpu/memory but with 970mv underclock. My overall timespy score is low due to having a 6700k quad core:

Dvf9Ytj.png

Soldato
Not a great graphics score in time spy, only about +4-5fps compare to my lc64. How about fs normal,extreme and some real game benches.

Was your LC64 at stock? Drivers for Radeon VII don't' properly support overclocking yet, so most are running stock, just with undervolts for temps/noise.

Here's my first firestrike: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/33315642?

Games are 20-30% faster on average for the ones I've played so far.

Back
Top Bottom