PSVR / HDR question.

Soldato
Hello all,

I'm looking to go into to town tomorrow and pick up a PSVR Mega Bundle, It comes with the v2 headset that allows a HDR signal to pass through.

I do have a HDR TV but I do not find the HDR all that good so I have it switched off. I also noticed I can buy a v1 headset a lot cheaper, with HDR turned off on my tv will the signal still go through or am I limited to only buying the v2 headset because of my tv.

Many thanks.

Soldato
nah, I have a v1 with my LG OLED. When I want to use HDR on the PS4 just use a female-female HDMI coupler to join both of the cables that go into the processing box thing.

Soldato
OP
nah, I have a v1 with my LG OLED. When I want to use HDR on the PS4 just use a female-female HDMI coupler to join both of the cables that go into the processing box thing.

But if I just have HDR switched off all the time I shoudlnt need the extra cable? it'll work as normal?

Associate
With psvr v1 you need to bypass the unit if you want HDR. With V2 you don't need to do this, just keep it all plugged in and you can use HDR as normal.

Either way you don't use HDR, the V2 just allows HDR to work on your TV as normal unlike V1. So yes just keep HDR turned off as you don't like it and psvr and games on your TV will work as normal.

Remember your TV will only go into HDR mode if it detects it, with a V1 headset it won't. So you are fine with a V1 as well.

Associate
The only other difference is headphones, v2 has less wires as they are built into the headset. But I doubt that is worth the extra 100.

I don't even like the built in headphones, they sound like the treble is set to max and everything else is set to low.

V2 has a good mega bundle though not sure if that sways you cost wise over V1, does V1 come with the needed camera?

Back
Top Bottom