The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
Anyone found a restock box in the White House?

I like the idea of the settlements - makes sense story wise and adds another layer of missions.

Also received the notice that some end game was available but not sure how to access? Do I need to delete my character?

Cheers

There isnt one, you just auto restock by entering the area, so when you leave you have full ammo, armour kits, grenades etc.

Associate
Don't suppose it's everyone that has a jumpy game? I.e FPS is high and constant but feels awful? I've set limiter to 100 and stay within -10fps but just doesn't feel smooth. I appreciate it's a beta but just wondering.

Soldato
Don't suppose it's everyone that has a jumpy game? I.e FPS is high and constant but feels awful? I've set limiter to 100 and stay within -10fps but just doesn't feel smooth. I appreciate it's a beta but just wondering.

I found this when running on Friday using DX12. It was like G-sync wasn't running.

I don't know if anything has changed (there was a small patch applied when I started tonight), but running in Borderless Windowed mode (to enable MSI Afterburner without crashing) DX12 seems smooth as well. Maybe try that?

Annoyingly though I cannot get FRAPS to run at all when in DX12 mode. I can confirm that anecdotally my framerate seems better in DX12 but cannot do a side by side comparison.

For reference I am seeing the following performance:

(System - 8700K @ 4.9Ghz / GTX1080Ti FE @ stock (120% power limit ~ 1840Mhz core) 1440p Custom settings (Basically Ultra with a couple of tweaks))

DX11 - Average ~82Fps (Fraps run over 5 minutes running through the city and engaging enemies)

DX12 - Averaging probably in the high 80's / low 90's doing the same.

As for the game itself I am level 6 and have done the second mission solo without any bother. Enemy difficulty (AI / tactics etc) so far seems about right compared to Div 1. Will try out the level 30 character tomorrow if I get time.

Associate
I had no problems after LVL5 doing missions,upgraded weapons,gear.
What i dont like is Div 1 NPC "tactics" from Div 1 - skills dont have cooldown,nades spamming insta,100% accuracy,kamikaze drones+nades at same time=no fun
Other than that-more cover based,like Div supposed to be.No cover-even red NPC's can easily kill you.
Tried lvl30,but gear was random,cleared Tusk mission with few deaths,cant rush like in Div 1

Soldato
Ok some more feedback from me.

I dont know why, but suddenly I cleared out the areas I had issues with, either I have suddenly got better or something just changed for the better. I am speculating what wasnt helping before is the streets were rampant with the enemies, and those wondering around may have been jumping into battle and screwing me over, when I loaded up today, the streets were largely clear and I cleared another control point as well before going back to the other one. I was also lucky in that they were already engaged with a friendly patrol as well so distracted.

Also I found a special weapon coloured blue, this weapon has a buff without a nerf, but I still have not found any way to apply a mod that has no nerf.

I have come attached to my progress and will be gutted the save doesnt carry over to full game :(

In terms of sound, music and environmental graphics the game is great, provides brilliant atmosphere, but the graphics on the character body leaves a lot to be desired. Poor hair and I feel lack of detail on the body, clothing etc.

There is still overpowered issues tho with things like the enemy grenades, and also when they get access to the exploding remote controlled buggies, they can just keep spamming unlimited amounts with no cooldown, definite issues there.

When you gain full control of an area, some quests bug out, when you supposed to wait for enemy reinforcements to attack you and destroy them, the reinforcements dont make it as your allied patrols intercept them.

Also a side quest in the second zone has bugged out on me, I have to open a garage but is no F prompt. The quest is "find the explosives" sidequest.

I probably will buy the game now, them giving me access to the beta has gave them a sale. It will be the first shooter I have played seriously probably since unreal tournament.

Input lag on a shooter? at 60fps? not here sir. 60fps smooth, steady.

Also I have 3 invites to share, I did some reading and figured out how to use them if anyone wants. I believe is 2 days of the beta left.

Also a question does the cdkey version come with the pre order bonus?

Another bug also seems to be the skill that rekits your armour packs at restocking points, doesnt seem to work for me. I only get ammo from them. But maybe I misunderstood how that skill is supposed to work.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I confirmed is enemies spawning behind you, I backed out of a an area, where they were trying to group me, and then the boss spawned behind me in an inaccessible room and started shooting into the wall. Pretty cheap stuff I guess.

But you do get some pretty powerful tools yourself.

5 editions of the game, and it seems the ultimate edition is not the ultimate edition.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...on-2-Pre-Order-Offers-Editions-and-Collectors

Ultimate edition has content that dark zone collectors edition doesnt have and vice versa, the classic trap to make people buy 2 copies of the game, but there is a edition exclusive to the ubisoft store that has all the content, but not all the physical content. O_o

I guess this is a lesser evil than pay to win microtransactions and loot boxes tho.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I confirmed is enemies spawning behind you, I backed out of a an area, where they were trying to group me, and then the boss spawned behind me in an inaccessible room and started shooting into the wall. Pretty cheap stuff I guess.

But you do get some pretty powerful tools yourself.

5 editions of the game, and it seems the ultimate edition is not the ultimate edition.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...on-2-Pre-Order-Offers-Editions-and-Collectors

Ultimate edition has content that dark zone collectors edition doesnt have and vice versa, the classic trap to make people buy 2 copies of the game, but there is a edition exclusive to the ubisoft store that has all the content, but not all the physical content. O_o

I guess this is a lesser evil than pay to win microtransactions and loot boxes tho.
Shhh don't encourage them. I'm sure they're already considering microtransactions and pay to win.

Soldato
How do i choose an endgame character?

All i see on the first screen was the character i made on day 1.

EDIT: ignore me, just loaded into my normal character and it now mentions logging back out to select an end game character.

Soldato
This may have been discussed already... Is it intentional that it is now really difficult to tell if someone is a rogue agent. In TD you could see the big rogue agent icon above their head from miles away now it seems that they have no icon and you have to mouse over them to see if they are rogue.

Have been quite enjoying the beta but still not 100% sold on it... Mainly because it's just TD1 there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference also the Dark Zone is not as intimidating as it's not as dark as it used to be and there's no blizzards!

Associate
How do i choose an endgame character?

All i see on the first screen was the character i made on day 1.

EDIT: ignore me, just loaded into my normal character and it now mentions logging back out to select an end game character.

i didnt even notice this.. just played the sniper one, i expected the special sniper to be 1 hit kill anywhere but it wasnt so not sure what benefit it has over a regular sniper

had much more fun with end game weapons though

Back
Top Bottom