People you admired but now you don't

Soldato
Ben Carson

One of the best neurosurgeons who ever lived, decided to go into politics, and ended up talking such enormous amounts of embarrassing nonsense, got nowhere and looked like a fool.

Richard Dawkins

Some of his original works were excellent, (blind watchmaker, selfish gene) but since then he’s gone on this never ending religious bashing crusade, I just think he’s wasting his intellect and he should know better.

Soldato
Lance Armstrong.

I, like most people, thought he was one of the best athletes to have ever lived, an achievement made all the greater by the fact that he's a cancer survivor. Turns out he was a liar, a bully and a cheat.

I agree with what others here said about Rolf Harris and Gary Glitter.

I don't think that Michael Jackson was a paedo though and I still listen to his music. I agree that he was completely and utterly stupid to invite children to his Neverland Ranch place. This had allowed people to use that as a vehicle to take Jacko to court but led to no convictions and instead milked Jacko with out-of-court settlements. And now in 2019, people are still trying to milk from his estate. These are people who swore themselves under oath in court and have now changed their minds.

Caporegime
I used to admire Hitler but when I found out he turned vegetarian, wow, he went right down in my book.

I mean he did some great work, i heard he designed the kdf funwagon, AKA the Volkswagen beetle.

Soldato
When I went to Uffizi gallery I noticed that a number of works were attributed to Leonardo da Vinci "and others" (or something along those lines). It made we question how much involvement Leonardo da Vinci actually had.

While I don't really admire as such, when celebrities become political and try to influence voting, they tend to go down in my estimation. Andy Murray would be a good example, imploring people to vote for Scotland independence on Twitter the day before the vote, and then a couple of years later happily accepting a knighthood.

Soldato
Maybe not admire, but I used to like the Lost Prophets' music (have a couple of their albums, saw them live a couple of times) . Don't think I could put one of their songs on these days :/

I have similar feelings, can't think of listening to their music after finding out what a twisted sicko he is.

Soldato
I actually wrote to Jim'll fix it, wanted to jump off a building into a giant jelly.

Almost spat out my tea :D

Maybe not admire, but I used to like the Lost Prophets' music (have a couple of their albums, saw them live a couple of times) . Don't think I could put one of their songs on these days :/

Same, I saw them live, had albums but now can’t listen to them. Unbelievable how disturbed some people are and their best friends don’t even know.

Last edited:
Associate
Jon Jones, greatest mma fighter ever, but got busted cheating and stripped multiple times ,waiting for the next time he messes up , tarnished his legacy

Soldato
I always used to like Richard Branson and thought he was a fairly regular guy, until I read his book which shed some light on a fairly rich upbringing. Silver spoon some might say.

I still like him but it's amazing what you can achieve with rich parents willing to lend you a whole load of money when you're a teenager...

Associate
Jon Jones, greatest mma fighter ever, but got busted cheating and stripped multiple times ,waiting for the next time he messes up , tarnished his legacy

Decent call..... should have been the undisputed greatest but i kinda almost hope he isn't.

Sorrt for taking this political, but Corbyn. I hoped for something a little different.

Back
Top Bottom