The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Picked up a Fuji X100S recently, lovely camera. Isnt great at f2 but f2.8 and up(or down depending how you look at it) and it is very sharp.
Very intuitive to use and love all the physical dials.

Soldato
That's fact .

There's 2 or 3 native lenses vs 20/30 native Sony lenses .fact not opinion

Fact is you’re a Sony fanboy... there are not more choices if you consider the non z mount and his reply was Nikon Lenses... he may have meant he already has a lot of Nikon lenses so decided to keep with Nikon which makes perfect sense and why not!

Soldato
Fact is you’re a Sony fanboy... there are not more choices if you consider the non z mount and his reply was Nikon Lenses... he may have meant he already has a lot of Nikon lenses so decided to keep with Nikon which makes perfect sense and why not!
Nope not a Sony fanboy. None native nikon lenser don't perform like native and may as well have got a better nikon dlsr if that's the case. Fact is nikon native lenses are low in options

Soldato
Nope not a Sony fanboy. None native nikon lenser don't perform like native and may as well have got a better nikon dlsr if that's the case. Fact is nikon native lenses are low in options

What.... seriously you are basing everything on assumptions and your Sony tinted glasses. It wasn't that long ago Sony users were using Canon glass on their cameras because Sony didn't have the lens choice and some still do.

Leaving this here, pointless trying to reason with fanboys. Maybe the OP will explain his remarks... who knows he may just prefer the Nikon lenses and cameras and fair enough if that is the case, good choice.

Soldato
What.... seriously you are basing everything on assumptions and your Sony tinted glasses. It wasn't that long ago Sony users were using Canon glass on their cameras because Sony didn't have the lens choice and some still do.

Leaving this here, pointless trying to reason with fanboys. Maybe the OP will explain his remarks... who knows he may just prefer the Nikon lenses and cameras and fair enough if that is the case, good choice.
Basing it on fact . How many native z mount lenses is there vs Sony native lens ?

Soldato
Sony lenses are better and more choices There's only 2 or 3 nikon z mount lenses
That’s your opinion and who said he was talking about z mount lenses.

It's your opinion they are better.... did I say there were more Z mount lenses or say that Sony didn't have more... I said not if you include non z mount.

Ohh and before you argue that non native lenses don't work as well blah blah blah... not the point I was making and if you say that I can only assume you have thoroughly tested all combinations and not just read it on sonyfanboy.com or youtube....

Basing it on fact . How many native z mount lenses is there vs Sony native lens ?

Again.... I give up....

Honestly Sony marketing is amazing, they manage to brainwash so many people that they can not understand anything other than Sony is best all hail Sony..

Soldato
Sch
It's your opinion they are better.... did I say there were more Z mount lenses or say that Sony didn't have more... I said not if you include non z mount.

Ohh and before you argue that non native lenses don't work as well blah blah blah... not the point I was making and if you say that I can only assume you have thoroughly tested all combinations and not just read it on sonyfanboy.com or youtube....

Again.... I give up....

Honestly Sony marketing is amazing, they manage to brainwash so many people that they can not understand anything other than Sony is best all hail Sony..
did i say u said there is more z mount lenses? nope i stated a fact that you seem to cant agree with.

Associate
I had a 580 Mkii and 430 Mkii combo on my old camera (in fact still need to sell these speedlites) and used to use a YongNuo trigger and receivers to fire them wirelessly.

I believe the Canon variant of the Godox XPro can also control some Canon flashes but not sure if that includes the 580 and 430. If I was you I'd be tempted to sell the two Canon flashes and put the funds into buying an initial Godox setup consisting of an XPro controller, an AD200 and a then a speedlite (350C/685 in whatever battery setup). Would make a fairly versatile initial setup that can then be easily expanded.

I think I will get Godox Transmitter and couple of triggers so I can utilise my 580 Mkii & 430 Mkii then I can save up and get AD200 or may be 2 AD200's !
that way I will have lots of options with speedlites and 200 watts of flash power as well. I can even get the Godox twin head to mount 2 AD200's
Just like Jason Lainer I too want to be a jedi master of light !

Yongnuo stuff is fine but the connections need to be 100% or yes it can not trigger or fail to get ETTL etc.

I have looked in to the YongNuo and it seems there are 3 difference type of wireless products which are not inter usable !
Plus the reviews I read did mention the connection issue.
TBF if I did not have my canon speedlites ( which I purchased 580Mkii new and 430 Mkii used many years ago ) and was looking for a speedlite I would certainly buy a YougNuo or Godox over manufacturers ones.

I am hoping to buy a Sony A7iii in the future and I would get a Godox flash so I can also control my canon speedlites with Godox triggers on them. As I have read that it does not matter what manufacturer the Godox speedlites or triggers are native to. They will still communicate with one another. So one good buy a used Godox flash for say Panasonic or Olympus fit and when use as off camera flash the sony native Godox flash ( or Godox Pro Canon Transmitter ) will set it off.
Gerald Undone YouTuber has a video regarding this feature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom