• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Soldato
I'm about 10 games in to this review.
Doesn't exactly paint a positive picture for the Vega 7. Consistently behind the GTX 2080.

At £500, this would be a cracking release, at £650-£800 it's just not happening for me.

Tbh I dont care about the 2080 performance. for me its all about the VEGA 64 vs V7 and it just isn't there for me either at this price. I would be happy paying £550

I want the performance uplift I got coming from R9 290 to VEGA 64

Baby on the way I can not do stupid buying haaa but I do want the VEGA 7 :D

Soldato
Tbh I dont care about the 2080 performance. for me its all about the VEGA 64 vs V7 and it just isn't there for me either at this price. I would be happy paying £550

I want the performance uplift I got coming from R9 290 to VEGA 64

Baby on the way I can not do stupid buying haaa but I do want the VEGA 7 :D

Coming from an lc64 I don't think i'm missing out either.

Soldato
It really does depend what review you look at when viewing these GPUs. I take videos all day over graphs like Hardware Unboxed Youtube channel I like the channel but dont agree with their reporting of benchmarks.

Take these runs for example. Note also just how much better AMD frame times are in these games and this is something you can see a lot in most games.

This youtube channel is fast becoming one of my favourite I love the detail they go into at the end of each run. You really get to see how the GPUs perform.

Associate
Not seen this posted yet. A far more positive review even using the press drivers.

I've also heard of people hitting 2000 clock speed so after a few weeks/months of driver updates it's looking like it may be favourable to the 2080.

Associate
Not seen this posted yet. A far more positive review even using the press drivers.

I've also heard of people hitting 2000 clock speed so after a few weeks/months of driver updates it's looking like it may be favourable to the 2080.

That's one of the best reviews ive seen, looking forward to the overclocking vid he is going to do. might shed some light on how to get the best results. nice find that.

Associate
That's one of the best reviews ive seen, looking forward to the overclocking vid he is going to do. might shed some light on how to get the best results. nice find that.

Here ya go. He doesn't go into much detail, I think you'd get more from people in the owners thread here who seem to be on top of it.

Soldato
What about their many successes and the fact that they managed to exceed Nvidia's market share at times?
In fairness a lot of that could be attributed to the fact that ATi entered the 3D era as one of the biggest GPU companies in the industry and Nvidia entered it as a garage start up.

A lot of people often forget that the evil green empire originally started out as everybody's plucky underdog snapping at the heels of the big corporations like 3DFX/ATi/Matrox/S3/Trident/etc.

Permabanned
Here ya go. He doesn't go into much detail, I think you'd get more from people in the owners thread here who seem to be on top of it.

Seriously? He sticks 2000mhz & 1145mv on the core & why it isn't stable. :eek: At stock it's around 1800 with 1065mv, I've gone down with my mv not up, I took it to 995mv and now it's barely audible through my case under load & it performs a little better..

i think it will be interesting any increases on the next driver update

I'm sure things will improve over the next few driver releases.

Permabanned
i think it will be interesting any increases on the next driver update

Well, with these 16 GB of VRAM, this card will be faster than 2080 Ti, once the latter hits its 11 GB VRAM ceiling.

In fairness a lot of that could be attributed to the fact that ATi entered the 3D era as one of the biggest GPU companies in the industry and Nvidia entered it as a garage start up.

A lot of people often forget that the evil green empire originally started out as everybody's plucky underdog snapping at the heels of the big corporations like 3DFX/ATi/Matrox/S3/Trident/etc.

The legacy of inferior green image quality comes from the garage.

Associate

That be true, the TNT2 was NV's 3DFX beater, then they purchased 3DFX Nvidia offered good value back then. Ati were strong until AMD purchased them, big mistake I think for gamers. 2 voodoo 2 cards scan lined (SLI) and quake 2 running 50fps

Back
Top Bottom