Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've got S+ runs on all the standard modes now, but even completing hardcore is escaping me at the moment.
Don’t you get a rocket launcher for completing Leon standard at S+?

Ignore, that is for hardcore mode which makes sense. Seems the website I was looking at got it wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is no way i would be able to complete this on Hard and get an S+ - i wonder if there will be a way to get the inf launcher either paid or another way?

The inf launcher was great fun on the original Res Evil!

Soldato
Bah! Started Claire B tonight and not enjoying it at all - i have no idea what i am doing and zombies are everywhere with very little ammo and are harder to kill :( Oh yeah and Tyrant is stalking me.

I'm going to start Claire B again and follow a walkthrough.

How long is this campaign?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Bah! Started Claire B tonight and not enjoying it at all - i have no idea what i am doing and zombies are everywhere with very little ammo and are harder to kill :( Oh yeah and Tyrant is stalking me.

I'm going to start Claire B again and follow a walkthrough.

How long is this campaign?
Depends. Can be done in 2-3 hours if you are watching YouTube. No fun like that though. Plenty of ammo I found on standard. Just don’t miss shots, and don’t shoot mr x. Maybe consider not killing every zombie, some rooms you only visit once or twice, might as well just dodge those zombies. Ben if bitten, there is so much healing items.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah I remembered seeing it on HUKD but forgot to post about it. :p But any free RE stuff is all fine by me.
Indeed. Better than charging us £5 for each one. I hardly ever bother with stuff like that unless they get overwhelmingly good reviews. Did not bother with any of the Resident Evil 7 dlc for example.

What I would have paid for is a version of the game where they make it more like the original. Would even pay £20 for that. But will settle for the soundtrack which I did pick up for £2.50 :)

Soldato
Claire B complete - Standard, 5hr 30m C - oops!

I ended up starting again as i spent more time getting eaten in RPD. Top tip - make sure you get the weapon card and launcher - my partial first run through i only had a pistol and very limited ammo.

Did start to get a bit samey, but enjoyed it. The final baddie was very cool, but the final dialogue was not.

So overall 8/10, love Res Evil and the new graphics really enhanced it.

Man of Honour
Got through the Orphanage section on Claire B and thought.... ehhhh.... and bought RE4 again :p

The controls in RE4 are relatively terrible compared to RE2make! The camera function is nothing like most modern games and doesn’t fully rotate around the character, and the camera is twitchy. It is sooooo annoying... but you get used to it. Also it feels archaic that you can’t move and shoot and also that you can’t change weapons without going to the menu screen. I guess the lack of moving and shooting adds to the tension.

Soldato
You've just missed out half his post which makes it clear he's talking about RE4

My fault, i did see his mention of Res 4, then talk of Res 2, so was confuzzled as to which game he was referring too. Also, it was so long ago that i finished Res 4, but i can't remember having to go to menu to switch weapons, is that right?!

Man of Honour
My fault, i did see his mention of Res 4, then talk of Res 2, so was confuzzled as to which game he was referring too. Also, it was so long ago that i finished Res 4, but i can't remember having to go to menu to switch weapons, is that right?!
Yep that’s right. They introduced quick switch in RE5.

Soldato
I played re4 recently and can confirm that the right stick camera control is terrible!

Just finish re2 Claire first play also with a C. I am terrible at aiming in these games. I wish they had motion control like Revelations on the Switch.

Soldato
I didn't rate 4 at all. Was an ok ish game I suppose but just wasn't resident evil for me. Start of the downward spiral. Thankfully, they seem to have got their act together with 7 and 2 remake.

Soldato
Has anyone here actually completed Hunk's bit?

I'm about 20 attempts in, and so ******* angry I'm about to rage delete it from my HDD.
The most annoying bit is that on one of the attempts I think I got to the end and the final Zombie killed me with an ankle bite :(
What a weak a55 way to go.

Back
Top Bottom