*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Got that £1 for 1 month game pass deal on my dash, but when I go into store on xbox to buy, it comes up as £7.99.

Maybe I need to click on the offer on dash first, but I'm sure I did that.

Soldato
@ic1male , tried and still same, chatted to Microsoft and it seems I'm not eligible for the offer, noticed it says in the terms on website that its for new subscribers only, so I guess expired subs don't count, oh well will keep an eye out for a cheap 6 or 12 month pass.

Caporegime
You should try the Microsoft rewards thing, Ken. I’ve been doing it for about 70 days now and almost got a free month to Gamepass. In theory, one could bag 4 months worth in 1 year for doing nothing but clicking on a few links each morning.

Soldato
You should try the Microsoft rewards thing, Ken. I’ve been doing it for about 70 days now and almost got a free month to Gamepass. In theory, one could bag 4 months worth in 1 year for doing nothing but clicking on a few links each morning.

I keep getting emails about that, do I need to use a particular web browser and be signed in all the time?, I use safari browser.

Caporegime
Tip for micosoft rewards, create a folder and search for each letter in alphabet.

Great tip! I haven't been using the search function at all as I don't like Bing and prefer Google but just doing that for a few minutes helps enormously. :D

Ok I'm using Bing now, I've set it as my main search engine, do I need to sign in every time or is there a way to keep my account signed in for this?

It should just remember you if you've got cookies enabled.

Caporegime
Maybe a free trial or a similar offer, but that was ages ago and my GP has been expired since around June last year, so not sure why it would not be valid for me, I always thought the offers on the dash were personalised for the account holder.

I've got the same problem as this, advertised as sign up for £1 and then when you do it through the UI it's £7.99.

It does work through a web browser though.

Oh and it seems if you wait until the 12/2 you will get another month for free :)

From 12/02/2019 to 21/02/2019, new members buying Xbox Game Pass 1 Month for $2 will get a second month automatically added to their account at no extra charge. See your next billing date here: https://account.microsoft.com/services.

Soldato
Great tip! I haven't been using the search function at all as I don't like Bing and prefer Google but just doing that for a few minutes helps enormously. :D

It should just remember you if you've got cookies enabled.

Yeah my browser seems to remember my points earned as they are showing still in the top right but I'm not logged in, I believe I've reached my level 1 limit of points today, will see tomorrow if it goes up without me logged in to my MS account.

I've got the same problem as this, advertised as sign up for £1 and then when you do it through the UI it's £7.99.

It does work through a web browser though.

Oh and it seems if you wait until the 12/2 you will get another month for free :)

I tried on dash and website and it was the same for both for me. Not to worried I will get a 12 or 6month pass when I see a good deal.

Soldato
Download speeds from Xbox live....

Anyone else for find download speeds are never stable ?

Just got BT FTTP 300mb I was expecting to see a maxed download on a wired connection but it was going from 10mb to a max of around 250mb, mainly sitting in the 100mb to 150mb area. Saw it hit 270mb for a second.

Took 22 minutes to download Apex legends which is 25.5gb. not sure what the average download speed that is.

This is on a Xbox One X

Associate

Just got BT FTTP 300mb I was expecting to see a maxed download on a wired connection but it was going from 10mb to a max of around 250mb, mainly sitting in the 100mb to 150mb area. Saw it hit 270mb for a second.

Took 22 minutes to download Apex legends which is 25.5gb. not sure what the average download speed that is.

This is on a Xbox One X

When I first got my XboxX in October I had terrible download speeds, I'm currently on a wired connection and wasn't hitting my max line speed (steam is fine and consistent). I think I opened all the necessary ports on my SKY Router and then tried this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SY7Ep99oA

basically tinkering with the DNS server. I don't think I actually changed anything in the end, other just to click from automatic to default then back. Maybe it just refreshed something but my downloads are sigificantly better now.

It still isn't perfect but is much better. May be worth having a look at it.

Soldato
Try it again tomorrow or Wednesday when the new offer goes live.

That new offer works, cheers.

This is on a Xbox One X

I think it's normal to a degree, I have vivid 350 and on wifi my X averages between 100mbps - 150mbps, sometimes a little higher, but it's never very stable.

I guess it's just the Xbox servers.

Back
Top Bottom