New laptop, ideal for drawing, lightweight

Caporegime
Hi all,

I'm looking around to see what's about, I'm after a laptop that I can do my drawing on, I use a wacom so it doesn't need to be a touch screen laptop.

Budget I'm not sure in but nothing over a grand

A half decent size screen would be good, but don't want it to weigh like a brick either. It also needs to have a fair amount of storage.

What's about do we think?

Man of Honour
Why's that then? :) I'll take a gander shortly but be interested to know your thoughts

I've noticed Photoshop eats a LOT of ram up

I just love Thinkpads as they are usually upgradable, repairable, have great keyboards and in the case of the X1 Yoga it also has good screen options. The Yoga flips 360 degrees and has a pen.

Lisa Grade is an artist and reviews it here. There may be better laptops for wgat yoy want but it's what I know and no-one else had come up with any suggestions.

Caporegime
OP
I just love Thinkpads as they are usually upgradable, repairable, have great keyboards and in the case of the X1 Yoga it also has good screen options. The Yoga flips 360 degrees and has a pen.

Lisa Grade is an artist and reviews it here. There may be better laptops for wgat yoy want but it's what I know and no-one else had come up with any suggestions.

No thank you, appreciate the time.

Pretty costly, but definitely looks good :)

Man of Honour
You're welcome :)

Personally the only brands of laptop I look at are Lenovo (only Thinkpad), Dell (only XPS), Microsoft Surface and a fee HP's.

The Surface book and the equivakent XPS and HP (Spectre 360 I think) might be worth looking at a bit more too.

Caporegime
OP
You're welcome :)

Personally the only brands of laptop I look at are Lenovo (only Thinkpad), Dell (only XPS), Microsoft Surface and a fee HP's.

The Surface book and the equivakent XPS and HP (Spectre 360 I think) might be worth looking at a bit more too.

Thanks
Yeah I've used ThinkPad before and can't fault them, used the first gen surface and loved it tbh but again they're so costly.

We had some hp probook 640s n 650s at work that I thought was decent enough.

Just wish I had unlimited cash haha

Back
Top Bottom