• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia RTX 5 months on-a win or fail?

Associate
Biggest reason for upgrading personally was the odd few games that I may like to play at maxed out 4K 60fps that had zero sli support. If every game supported sli then I would have stuck with my 1080 Ti's as they ran a sli supported games at 4K 60fps with plenty of headroom to spare.

Yes they are overpriced but the performance on these cards is fantastic.

Soldato
Nice! Where did you get this info?
https://www.techquila.co.in/battlef...y-tracing-improvements-in-february-12-update/

Will be a nice additional, finally. Should put even a 2070 close to very top end 10 series in DX12 if users wish to use DLSS with RT off, assuming that scenario is allowed (DLSS with RT off). With RT on it will apparently claw back most if not all of the loss in performance caused by RT on.
Lets hope game devs and NV can get this stuff into new releases for Day 1 launches in future.
Roll on Tuesday!

Last edited:
Associate
https://www.techquila.co.in/battlef...y-tracing-improvements-in-february-12-update/

Will be a nice additional, finally. Should put even a 2070 close to very top end 10 series in DX12 if users wish to use DLSS with RT off, assuming that scenario is allowed (DLSS with RT off). With RT on it will apparently claw back most if not all of the loss in performance caused by RT on.
Lets hope game devs and NV can get this stuff into new releases for Day 1 launches in future.
Roll on Tuesday!

Thank for sharing the article. Look forward to testing this out Tuesday.

Associate

Roll on Tuesday!

Can't wait, we can play with new RTX tech while the GTX boys stay on the forums slagging off RTX.........:p

Soldato
My opinion has not changed, a FAIL for me personally. Nothing to interest me in the current gen RTX cards. Not going to **** them off though, quite sure some will find a happy upgrade path. But not a big enough improvement to induce me to upgrade and I still think the 2080ti (only card that would be a "real" upgrade) is way to highly priced (at least for me). Gaming at QHD at the moment (& probably for some time to come), I think I'll continue to sit this one out.

Soldato
I have just made the jump from a GTX 1080 to a RTX 2080 and at 4K i can defo feel and see the difference in the games i play.

While some will say its not worth the upgrade i am more than happy with the extra performance it gives me at 4k and i dont regret making the jump.:p

Soldato
It's a big Win for me. I had to play some games at medium settings to get 4k 60fps on the 1080ti
No such issue on the 2080ti yet, all Ultra

Associate
It's a failure. No improvement on price/performance and barely any game support several months later. The tech is good, it just won't be anything other than a tick box for some time to come. When mid range cards and eventually consoles can implement ray tracing it will become widespread.

Soldato
Biggest reason for upgrading personally was the odd few games that I may like to play at maxed out 4K 60fps that had zero sli support. If every game supported sli then I would have stuck with my 1080 Ti's as they ran a sli supported games at 4K 60fps with plenty of headroom to spare.

Yes they are overpriced but the performance on these cards is fantastic.

What games you playing at 4K 60fps ?

Soldato
2070 is an able replacement for my 980Ti and cost £80 less, quicker in everything and should improve as time passes. Knew the RT\DLSS was impracticable when I bought it, so wasn't a factor, hopefully that too will improve and become useful. Cost wise it was the only upgrade for me. Didn't see a better alternative with Amd either sadly so.................not a fail as an upgrade but a fail for the as yet redundant new tech.

Associate
What games you playing at 4K 60fps ?

At the moment Destiny 2 and The Division are taking most of my time and they support SLI just fine, SOTTR and hellblade I need to finish (hellblade works fine with a custom SLI profile). Also playing ACO which doesn't support SLI and needs all the performance that unoptimized game can get and occasionally play Forza 4. 2080 Ti runs Forza at 4K extreme with headroom to spare, such a well optimized game.

Used to play GTA 5 a lot but haven't in ages, that ultra grass is still ridiculously demanding but 2x 2080 Ti's at 4K it never drops below 60fps while it does with one card.

Back
Top Bottom