People you admired but now you don't

Capodecina
Soldato
I admire Jsmoke for having the brass balls to admit on a forum he admired the utter slimeball Bliar :rolleyes: he (slimeball) is ten steps below a pedo
Hey, that's pretty harsh on paedophiliacs!

I'll admit it, when I was a kid I admired Bliar back in '97 but now I think he is right down there with P Green and R Murdoch.

I have mixed feelings about Bezos, I never admired Mourinho but I certainly admire Klopp and Solskjær - will that do?

Soldato
Admired is the wrong word, more like I used to like them but now don't:

Rolf Harris, as others said, remembered him fondly from Animal Hospital.

Robert de Niro, oh my, he barely makes any good films anymore, mostly going in for trashy parts in horrendous films such as Bad Grandpa. Sheesh.

Jim Davidson, used to love watching him as a kid when my Saturday night staples were Big Break and The Generation Game. Knowing what I know about him now....just no.

Associate
Douglas Bader, a bully, a show-off and a braggard, when he was an POW officer in Colditz , under a reciprocal programme of
repatriations of non-combatants Bader refused to give permission to allow his Batman to be repatriated.

Ah heck, never knew that... Gonna have to retire the signed photo of him I got back in the 80s on a book signing tour he did.

Soldato

I'm not sure about articles like that, whilst there are no doubt facts contained within, it also has to be considered that the article has a clear agenda. Only the naive would think that Mandela was born a saint. I also think that guilt by association is lazy smear tactics. For example, was Thatcher's association with Pinochet proof that she was of similar character?

Mandela's support for other leaders of violence is even less forgivable. He maintained close ties to Cuban dictator Fidel Castro and backed Palestinian terrorist leader Yasser Arafat. As president in 1997, he gave his country's highest award for a foreigner to Libya's dictator, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, who'd donated $10 million to the ANC. He gave the same award to the corrupt Indonesian president Suharto, who he said had donated $60 million.

Caporegime
Justin Randall Timberlake (born January 31, 1981) is an American singer-songwriter, actor, dancer, and record producer.[1] Born and raised in Tennessee, he appeared on the television shows Star Search and The All-New Mickey Mouse Club as a child. In the late 1990s, Timberlake rose to prominence as one of the two lead vocalists and youngest member of NSYNC, which eventually became one of the best-selling boy bands of all time. Timberlake began to adopt a more mature image as an artist with the release of his debut solo album, the R&B-focused Justified (2002), which yielded the successful singles "Cry Me a River" and "Rock Your Body", and earned his first two Grammy Awards.

His critically acclaimed second album FutureSex/LoveSounds (2006), characterized by its diversity in music genres, debuted atop the U.S. Billboard 200 and produced the Hot 100 number-one singles "SexyBack", "My Love", and "What Goes Around... Comes Around". Established as a solo artist worldwide, his first two albums both exceeded sales of 10 million copies, and he continued producing records and collaborating with other artists. From 2008 through 2012, Timberlake focused on his acting career, effectively putting his music career on hiatus; he held starring roles in the films The Social Network, Bad Teacher, Friends with Benefits, and In Time.

Timberlake resumed his music career in 2013 with his third and fourth albums The 20/20 Experience and The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2, exploring neo soul styles, partly inspired by the expansive song structures of 1960s and 1970s rock. The former became the best-selling album of the year in the US with the largest sales week, and spawned the top-three singles "Suit & Tie" and "Mirrors", while the latter produced the top-ten song "Not a Bad Thing". For his live performances, including the eponymous concert tour for the albums, he began performing with his band The Tennessee Kids, composed by instrumentalists and dancers. Timberlake voiced the lead character in DreamWorks Animation's Trolls (2016), whose soundtrack includes his fifth Billboard Hot 100 chart-topping single, "Can't Stop the Feeling!". His fifth studio album Man of the Woods (2018) became his fourth number-one album in the US. The album was supported by the two top ten singles, "Filthy" and "Say Something". Man of the Woods concluded 2018 as the sixth best-selling album of the year.[2]

Throughout his solo career, Timberlake has sold over 32 million albums and 56 million singles globally, making him one of the world's best-selling music artists. Often cited as a pop icon, Timberlake is the recipient of numerous awards and accolades, including ten Grammy Awards, four Emmy Awards, three Brit Awards, and nine Billboard Music Awards. According to Billboard in 2017, he is the best performing male soloist in the history of the Mainstream Top 40. Time named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2007 and 2013. His other ventures include record label Tennman Records, fashion label William Rast, and the restaurants Destino and Southern Hospitality.

Then he married a witch and now every day is a living nightmare.

You take that back :mad:

How could you fall out of love with Justin?

He brought sexy back, he cried us a river and he got us lovestoned . Don't you forget that.

Soldato
I'm not sure about articles like that, whilst there are no doubt facts contained within, it also has to be considered that the article has a clear agenda. Only the naive would think that Mandela was born a saint. I also think that guilt by association is lazy smear tactics. For example, was Thatcher's association with Pinochet proof that she was of similar character?

That was just the first article i clicked on - there are MANY news reports, articles etc that go into more detail.

Associate
I admire anyone with a passion and drive to do what they want or what they must. I don't care what it is (within reason). Quitting a job they hate to go travelling around the world is admirable to me, but then so is sticking in a job they hate so they can provide for their family. Nobodies perfect though, so to admire the person rather than the act is a dangerous game.

My wife still won't listen to my Rolf Harris jokes.

Back
Top Bottom