Acer CZ350CK 35" UltraWide monitor

Associate
I've already asked, and they couldn't drop, tighter margins. The others have probably bought many more at a deeper discount from their suppliers..
Harmattan, what differences are you noticing vs an IPS? I'll be coming from a decent IPS-like panel (S-PLS).
I did notice on the ElectriQ 35" that darker transitions were very slow but didn't know if it was just down to the panel or the probably rubbish display driver in that thing. There was only one overdrive setting, called "response time", and it was already on.

But compromises need to be made I think, especially due to cost! 34-35" IPS ultrawides cost twice as much as this!

Mostly color accuracy, loss of dpi from 4k, and shift on viewing angles. Minute amount of ghosting, but not as bad as other VAs I've used. I thought I'd get used to it, but still not there. I would agree that paying twice as much for an ultrawide ips is not worth it, but a reasonable 4k ips beats the pants off this monitor in IQ - and probably would cost arond the same or cheaper.

Associate
Ahh you've come from a 4K IPS? Yeah I can imagine you'd notice the drop in DPI! Myself coming from a QHD IPS, the PPI isn't a great deal lower.
Good to hear the ghosting is more minimal vs other VA's you've used, as this is my main concern! No point pushing 100fps or even up to 120fps when overclocked through it if it's ghosting and making it appear less.
I've not come across any larger than 28" 4K IPS monitors for a reasonable price, if I were going 4K I'd want at least 32", but it'd only be 60Hz :(

Associate
I'm also very impressed, I came from a 24" VA panel, so I don't have that issue.

Money saved has got me a Vega 56, and now my games look awesome :)

Any chance you could post the settings you have used please?

For settings, I found very close to those in the below z35p thread best (which goes to support my theory this is the same panel). Only difference is my contast is set a bit higher and brightness at 70.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...t_id_share_my_z35p_color_profile_and_configs/

Associate
How are you guys finding ghosting in dark scenes in games? Any blur or purple trailing? There is so little info on this model I have yet to bite the bullet and order!
Any noticeable bleed or VA glow?

Bleed and VA glow is not bad on mine. It's certainly there, but nowhere near as bad as other VAs I've seen. Honestly, your best bet is to look at reviews of the z35p - it's very close to this.

Associate
after getting infomation overload with monitors looking for the right one

i have ordered one of these

should be here thursday hope i dont regret it

didn't get it from the rainforrest though

looks decent for the price should do me till better monitors are out later in the year

Last edited:
Associate
Not a bad choice, and I've owned and/or examined 7-8 gaming monitors over the past 2 years. I look at it as a holdover display until there are more reasonably priced ips 100hz+ ultrawides are available in a few years. It's a great price point for what is basically a z35p (with out the fancy stand), and especially good if you are set on a curved ultrawide.

I still have my Predator 28' 4k here looking at me, and may switch back at some point in any case.

Associate
my cz35ock arrived this afternoon

no dead or stuck pixels i thought it was perfect but on a grey screen there is a cloudy line down the left hand side about an inch from the left bezel

playing games and surfing the net you can not notice at all

i'm in 2 minds about it

Associate
OP

no dead or stuck pixels i thought it was perfect but on a grey screen there is a cloudy line down the left hand side about an inch from the left bezel

i'm in 2 minds about it

Had a good look, I cant see anything like that on mine.

I'm really happy with my purchase, the price has a lot to do with that!

Associate
Had a good look, I cant see anything like that on mine.

I'm really happy with my purchase, the price has a lot to do with that!
Yes i'm going to keep it though its a banging monitor for the price,Like i say it's just on a grey background you can see it if you really look,films,browsing and net look fine

Carn't be bothered getting a replacement could be worse than this one i.e. dead pixels ect ect and all the messing about sending it back

If it was noticable when watching movies or surfing the net it would be a different story

But a great monitor for the price

If anyone looking at this and your fingers hovering over the buy button

I would say go for it!!

Associate

i'm in 2 minds about it

You'll probably find that there are more of those lines equally spaced along the screen. Part of the structure of the panel. Might have to look at the screen off angle to see them.

Associate
You'll probably find that there are more of those lines equally spaced along the screen. Part of the structure of the panel. Might have to look at the screen off angle to see them.
Yes think your right no problem in normal use though ......just had a play of sniper elite 4 and its seemed flawless no smearing or ghosting "as far as i can tell" might be some there though

Associate
Nice, glad you're happy with it!
The AOC AG322QC4 I had briefly had 6 bars running down the screen, one of them was obvious when displaying predominantly solid colours, like sky or sea.
These seem to be inherent in curved VA panels but whether they are seen in use appears to vary by panel.

Associate
Hi Guys, any info about refresh rate overclocking? Can you please try say 120Hz or 144Hz using CRU tool? I am really looking into buying 35" 1440p LCD, but 100Hz does not seem enough for me, 120Hz would be better. thanks for any info on that :) Since Z35p supports 144, this one could too, right?

Associate
copied from this review: https://www.newegg.com/global/pa-en...OnlyMark=False&ignorebbr=1&IsFeedbackTab=true

A few months ago when this monitor came out I was really close to buying it. But because I own a GTX 1080 I decided on an ACER Z35P instead for G-Sync support. After learning that Nvidia had announced at CES that they were going to offer Adaptive-sync support on its next driver, the driver that actually released today (1/15/19) I quickly ordered one of these to have it in time. This Acer CZ350CK is not on Nvidia's "Validated" list of comparable Adaptive-sync monitors however,. I have spent the last several hours testing it and I have had ZERO comparability issues with it being enabled in the Nvidia control panel. It is definitely working and working well. This is the same exact panel used in my Acer Z35P. It has the same exact panel casing, frame and back I/O. It has the same user interface and the on screen menu is also almost identical, minus a couple gaming presets and the auto 120Hz on-off. So that got me to thinking.. Could I reach 120Hz with a manual overclock.. And what do ya freakin know, it overclock to 120Hz no problem and UFO frame skipping test verified it! So to make this crystal clear.. This Acer CZ350CK is basically a re-branded Acer Z35P without the G-Sync module installed. If I were to pull off the "Predator" badges on my Z35P and set the CZ350CK right next to it the only difference would be the stands. As the Z35P no doubt-ably has a beefier all metal stand. Now that Nvidia supports Adaptive-sync (aka Freesync) this is a KILLER DEAL for a gaming monitor! And at $499 this is a wopping $300 cheaper then the current price on the Acer Z35P at $799. If I wasn't way past my return policy on my Z35P I would send it back and keep this one. I may keep it anyway. I highly encourage you to get your eyes on one of these. Its a lot of monitor for the money.

Cons: None yet. Only gripe, small gripe is that it needs a color calibration but most monitors out of the box do. Takes 5 minutes no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom