Need a new hose

Associate
I'm on my second anti-kink hose - first one lasted 2 years which wasn't long so picked up a hopefully more robust one this time around.

Really easy to pack away, no kinking and much more flexible in general - if this one dies I'll go back to a decent quality traditional hose though.

Soldato
To stop kinks you must straighten out the hose and take any nozzle off the end before winding it up - this allows hose to spin as it's wound in - Every time the wife does it I have to unwind it and do it again.
If you have a warm sunny day run the hose out and straighten it then leave it for a while to warm up - it will wind in easier.

I have one of those thick yellow ones and they will kink if you are not careful.

Soldato
I bought a Gardena hose almost 15 years ago and it's still going strong.

It's very flexible and doesn't kink. The outside is also very slippery so it doesn't snag on itself.

They guarantee some of their hoses for 25 years.

Soldato
OP
To stop kinks you must straighten out the hose and take any nozzle off the end before winding it up - this allows hose to spin as it's wound in - Every time the wife does it I have to unwind it and do it again.
If you have a warm sunny day run the hose out and straighten it then leave it for a while to warm up - it will wind in easier.

I have one of those thick yellow ones and they will kink if you are not careful.

I moved house and the hose was left by the previous owner.

Back
Top Bottom